1. jooley's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

Amazing how an animated film can be so personal and so effective at creating a mood. Deeply deeply affecting movie.

2. daniroelleb's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

I need to revisit this film. I watched it a while ago with my ex and I remember he loved the movie and I just remember being really warm. I do remember the movie being really beautiful as far as the animation style was concerned and I also remember some great moments of dialogue.. but I will revisit this movie soon.

3. TatiDelen's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

An interesting take on a war documentary. I am speechless at how an animated film can convey such strong emotions. Blown away. The waltz in the middle of the road hit me the hardest.

4. captainfez's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

5. Paul and Wade's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

This sad, sad and infinitely humane film is truly "anti-war". Not one moment glorifies war; nothing is forgiven. The horror is slowly remembered even as Israeli complicity is gradually acknowledged.

6. Magda Magdy's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

*power(ful) and in that sense problematic.

7. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

Folman trova un modo piacente e vigoroso per raccontare se stesso ed il suo rapporto con quel fatale mestiere che è la guerra. Tra molti vinti e ben pochi vincitori si fa spazio una narrativa documentaristica poco dinamica ma comunque efficace, ben rappresentata dai colori caldi delle meravigliose e funzionali animazioni, superate in potenza solo dalle ultime angosciose scene d'archivio. Estremamente interessante.

8. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

An animated documentary about the Lebanon war and Beirut massacre. It’s dark particularly because these animated sequences are narrated by soldiers recalling their memories of the events. Pretty crushing stuff.

9. Luca Casilli's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

10. dino dancer's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

11. ermete polpette's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

12. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

13. Salma Dahab's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

There is something fake in this

14. pauijad's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

15. Madelene's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

16. Linda's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

really intense and amazing visuals.

17. aikeart's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

18. Kinch Kinski's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

A funny, hallucinatory, scary, insightful, and ultimately devastating film. Walks a fine line between feature films and documentary very well. Could have done with more Arab perspective, but stands up well as a highly personal Israeli account of a horrific war and an infamous massacre.

19. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

I always suggest "Waltz with Bashir" as a very clear example of how a movie can tell the story of a mind and not only facts. Romantic views aside, the story-telling is compelling and the animation-style mediates the fervid imagery used by Folman to analyse his memories.

20. Slow Immersion's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

Whilst I didn't discover the masters of animation in Massi, Dumala, etc, this was always my favourite feature animation. First time I watched this with English dub and I must say that with animation, it is probably more pleasing as you can appreciate the visual form much more (live action sucks). Interesting thematically, and atmospheric and beautiful in parts. Reminds me I need to explore anime and animation more.

21. Drew Weaver's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

Haunting and beautiful. Gorgeous use of animation to show our colored and selective memory of trauma and the past. In particular, the opening scene with the yellow sky had me hooked.

22. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

The animation serves a genuine aesthetic purpose, evoking the experience of historical/personal trauma.

23. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

24. Muraki's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

the dogs, the dreams, that shockingly last scene.

← Previous 1 3 4