1. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

Folman trova un modo piacente e vigoroso per raccontare se stesso ed il suo rapporto con quel fatale mestiere che è la guerra. Tra molti vinti e ben pochi vincitori si fa spazio una narrativa documentaristica poco dinamica ma comunque efficace, ben rappresentata dai colori caldi delle meravigliose e funzionali animazioni, superate in potenza solo dalle ultime angosciose scene d'archivio. Estremamente interessante.

2. Luca Casilli's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

3. Elme Dino's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

4. ermete polpette's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

5. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

6. Salma Dahab's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

There is something fake in this

7. pauijad's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

8. Madelene's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

9. Linda's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

really intense and amazing visuals.

10. aikeart's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

11. Kinch Kinski's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

A funny, hallucinatory, scary, insightful, and ultimately devastating film. Walks a fine line between feature films and documentary very well. Could have done with more Arab perspective, but stands up well as a highly personal Israeli account of a horrific war and an infamous massacre.

12. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

I always suggest "Waltz with Bashir" as a very clear example of how a movie can tell the story of a mind and not only facts. Romantic views aside, the story-telling is compelling and the animation-style mediates the fervid imagery used by Folman to analyse his memories.

13. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

Whilst I didn't discover the masters of animation in Massi, Dumala, etc, this was always my favourite feature animation. First time I watched this with English dub and I must say that with animation, it is probably more pleasing as you can appreciate the visual form much more (live action sucks). Interesting thematically, and atmospheric and beautiful in parts. Reminds me I need to explore anime and animation more.

14. Drew Weaver's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

Haunting and beautiful. Gorgeous use of animation to show our colored and selective memory of trauma and the past. In particular, the opening scene with the yellow sky had me hooked.

15. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

The animation serves a genuine aesthetic purpose, evoking the experience of historical/personal trauma.

16. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

17. Muraki's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

the dogs, the dreams, that shockingly last scene.

18. Onbestendig's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

19. vlastyr's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

20. Hyldre's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

Comment traiter un trauma ? Comment traiter le réel et ses images trop violentes ? Comment faire resurgir le choque psychique que la guerre provoque ? Regardez Valse avec Bachir, c'est se confronter à l'invisionnable, au cauchemar, à l'inavouable. L'image, le cinéma, c'est aussi ça.

21. Jans de Jager's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

22. Linn's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

A masterly documentary about a man's journey to his lost memories of the 1982 Lebanon war and especially Israel's involvement in the massacres of Sabra and Shatila. The slight distancing from the terror of war that the film achieves by using animations, dream pictures and symbols is lifted by original footage from the refugee camps in the moment the narrator recovers his memory. An essential film.

23. DanOffen's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

Powerful. Interesting way of making a film too.

24. kzrmgm's rating of the film Waltz with Bashir

What a valuable experience this was. I loved this movie as much as you can "love" a movie about war, or trauma, or any other incredibly sad thing. I didn't know animation could be this powerful or this beautiful.

← Previous 1 3 4