1. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Wanda

2. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Wanda

"How do we live without our lives?" -Steinbeck

3. oooooo's rating of the film Wanda

4. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Wanda

5. El Biffo's rating of the film Wanda

Wanda "is so moving because it reflects Loden's own sad destiny. It feels like a scream of someone just about surviving. I feel as if I identify with Wanda, in that she's both fragile and strong at the same time; she may be alone but deep down there is a real resistance in her. I find that very touching. I can't imagine such a film ever having been made by a man." -Isabelle Huppert

6. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Wanda

This woman drifting from one man to another just to get a roof over her head seems to be an absolute cinema classic. In the same style of story, I much preferred the French film 'Sans toit ni loi' starring Sandrine Bonnaire. Both films clearly show a sense of direction and structure do help in life...

7. Caro_its's rating of the film Wanda

One book to complete the movie : "Supplément à la vie de Barbara Loden" by Nathalie Léger (P.O.L., 2012).

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Wanda

What I chiefly remember from this bitter film is the image of Wanda alone at a table full of noisy people. Essentially, she's always alone, and the camera captures that isolation with a pitiless stare.

9. letters never sent's rating of the film Wanda

More aimless, hopeless, and meandering than Sans Toi Ni Loi. A film about a drifter chasing bleakness and nothingness.

10. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Wanda

Just re-viewed on glorious gritty 35mm, and just after reading SUITE FOR BARBARA LODEN by Nathalie Léger. So difficult to view this film after reading the book, the book being a poetic inquiry into the life of this one-film wonder woman, so mysterious, a lost soul portraying a lost soul. Reeks of Cassavetes (shot by Proferes). Loden IS Wanda, and she declared she was the only person fit for the role. Heartbreaking.

11. knockkneed's rating of the film Wanda

freckles of wiseman, altman, king, and fassbinder. great color.

12. Cependant's rating of the film Wanda

Matchiste, old school, cute.

13. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Wanda

Great editing, great cinematography, strong and nuanced performance by the director.

14. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Wanda

The chance encounter between Wanda and Mr. Dennis is as ideologically cataclysmic as the one between Eddie Valiant and the cartoons in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, a violent conceptual clash marrying DIY, low budget neorealist principles against the hard-boiled milieu found in the most pungent pulp stories and noir films, with a strong existential undercurrent providing the point of interaction. This is a great movie.

15. Polyglot's rating of the film Wanda

70's New Hollywood Wave tho. :p

16. Den-Leroy Kangalee's rating of the film Wanda

A great film. Haunting...I could not take my eyes off the screen...I had chills throughout. Loden left us too soon. But at least she gave us this murky "punk-rock" indie masterpiece.

17. Greg's rating of the film Wanda

Surprisingly amateurish, but perhaps equally surprisingly effective.

18. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Wanda

One of rebel cinemas classics.

19. tired sounds's rating of the film Wanda

I've noticed that when someone writes, directs and stars in a movie, at it's best it feels like a relentless and maybe even selfless exploration of their own neurosis in the hopes that people might be able to learn something about themselves from it...

20. Endre's rating of the film Wanda

Fuck my weaknesses, she says in these quiet, poor and 'dumb' images of a quiet, poor and 'dumb' saint of some sort, straying through a coal world, epitomized in one of the most touching long shots I've seen in a while. To be reductive, one could see the relationships of Antonioni shot by Rogosin or Cassavetes. The emotional directness of this impassive world is only lessened by some 'forced' episodes near the end.

21. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Wanda

I found this film EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND, but am glad I finally watched it! This is a great example of cinema-verite and shows a dominant voice from an unsung filmmaker. It is truly a shame Barbara Loden never made another film after this!

22. chris naughton's rating of the film Wanda

Loden was an extraordinary artist. I have watched people who have no voice + no means to direct their own life. Beyond money-poverty. It's poverty of mind + self. They r the children of Pentecostal-America: gnostic-entrepreneurs; know-nothings; the rural-goodheart; the quiet of the land. Maybe not manipulation to bankrob but voting, believing, marryin...If U do not direct yourself, others will tell you where to go.

23. CRUSSER's rating of the film Wanda

Like a slow-motion bottle rocket to the face. While a zombie dog is kicking you in the shin. In a perfect world, Barbara Loden would have made twelve or fifteen more just like this.

24. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Wanda

insanely good, pretty much perfect, anyone who hasn't seen this NEEDS TO