1. Dan's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

My attention started to lag because it seemed as if its plot had been reduced to a simple revenge tale but then I thought "Matt Reeves made a snowy spaghetti Western with apes as a stand-in for Indians. Fuck." It was genuinely thrilling and then became ridiculous. I took Woody Harrelson's performance as proof that this was completely intentional.

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

The third entry in the prequel of PLANET OF THE APES franchise. WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES maybe not as complex as RISE or DAWN. But this movie still offered you some excitements. The true power of this movie is its character development. We see an old Caesar. He grew older & wiser. Thanks to Andy Serkis' mo-cap performance. I think he deserves an Oscar. I loved how this movie paid homage to the original version.

3. rksw's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

My god. I held my tears till my throat hurt and look at the visual!!!!!!

4. Viginti_tres's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

Treating the most ludicrous premise of the summer with the most sincerity shouldn't work, but the relentless class and dignity that Reeves imbues these dramas with is always surprising. The visuals are relied on to tell the story, since the characters can't or don't talk, in an almost PIXAR-ian way, and look beautiful besides. It's just a shame that I don't actually care about this world.

5. Faizal Agusdin's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

6. Addy K.'s rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

"Caesar! What is happening?" Beat. Caesar explains. "Look! What are they doing?" Beat. He instantly clarifies. It's the type of indicative storytelling that almost ruins the new APES. Compared to the superior DAWN, this is a shaggy-dog story with an absurd storyline (Woody Harrelson lays it all out to comical effect). Reeves directs from his own script, yet cannot prevail. Serkis' mo-cap performance is unbelievable.

7. Domiziana's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

One of my favorite blockbuster

8. Diderot's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

The weakest of the three, because it's a little too somber--especially that embarrassing sequence when Harrelson talks about his son.

9. William R Clark's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

3.5, almost a 4, but I only want to talk about the good things. Courageous use of closeups in this - not just because it lays bare the marvelous effects, but also because an expressive closeup is a lost art even in American indies. Sound mix is dynamic, full of unexpected surges. This movie has a big, perhaps a bit too serious, heart, and I felt fully converted to the cause at the end.

10. Eddie Rinctoya's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

11. SpacePirate's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

Boring at times, over the top at others, and even some very corny/cheesy moments missing from the first 2. A weak sequel. Watch as this series limps to the finish line. A shame. Had potential. Already forgotten. 2 stars

12. abyantama's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

13. Marisa Alves Pedro's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

14. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

15. JoãoMoura's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

Such sentimental. All hail CESAR!

16. Andhika Eka Buana's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

The 2nd film this summer that has a misdirection of being called a 'war' film (the 1st being DUNKIRK). Heck, this third entry is even more meditative and quiet than RISE and DAWN. That time of the year again where the question "Can Andy Serkis won an Oscar for a motion capture performance?" arise.

17. Chris_Parker's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

An uncompromisingly bleak meditation on what it means to be a sentient being. Inspired by classics from the 10 commandments to Apocalypse Now, this genre masterpiece focusses on dark themes such as cultural purification and attempted genocide and depicts how Cesar remarkably portrayed by Serkis, leads his people out of the madness of 2 groups of men slaughtering one another. but nature has no sympathy for the victors

18. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

Mamma mia,ne facessero altri 40 perché ogni volta è più bello del precedente. Reeves mostra cosa si può fare con 100 milioni di dollari (non solo robba per tredicenne),scrive una storia di vendetta sporca e feroce e immerge il tutto in un' atmosfera western che rimanda ai grandi classici. Finalmente c'è un antagonista di livello e dopo due ore e venti ne vorresti ancora e ancora....lunga vita a Cesare.

19. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

This trilogy had a odd way of advancing vibrantly just as Caesar himself grew into a more well-rounded character, everything fell into place perfectly. Why is this trilogy so slept on, maybe one of the most underrated of all time?

20. Wing Narada's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

Redefined the term "blockbuster" from the very opening.

21. Abras's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

os macaquinhos tao bue sweet.

22. Ryan327's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

23. Ethan's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

This is exceptional science fiction filmmaking with incredible effects and excellent motion capture performances that feel absolutely real and actually make you feel something for these characters. Andy Serkis should receive an Academy Award for his extraordinary work in motion capture performance alone. This was also a solid end to a solid trilogy.

24. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes