1. lennartposch's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

2. Liz Bee's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

Sometimes you have to take a detour to get to love a director's work... This movie finally made me fall in love with Fassbinder. The colors, the music, narcissistic Leo and, above all, the strings, visible or not, that tie us to others, eternally sometimes.

3. Kamran S. Sehgal's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

There is a reason that the English language has borrowed the term ménage à trois from French. Is it because the French invented them or have they just realised that the act lends itself to more sexual humour than other cultures have yet to realise. This film's humour is more aimed at the absurdities of monogamy than the noble threesome of French tradition. This film gets a star for each character it stars.

4. Laura's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

5. OlliFlamme's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

Odd movie in which one wonders what can be the motivation for depicting such relationships. I got a sense of a theatre play with a snobby execution. Snobby in the sense the characters being so well defined in their oddity for oddity’s sake. Old fashioned pride for frivolous sexuality is bubbling up my thoughts. Sexuality needs no pride to me at all, in whichever form, so one can easily figure how I dig this film.

6. Andreea's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

Ozon is a great discovery for me - I don't know how he does it, but he builds tension in an unique way and also loves to make the viewer uncomfortable and questioning stuff.

7. djamanning's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

Really fun and interesting with the feeling of Fassbinder

8. plentynuff's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

Not my favourite of Ozon's, but interesting as a peculiar marriage of Ozon and Fassbinder's sensibilities (I'll be honest: I do not always get Fassbinder.) Worth watching for admirers of either. To me the real revelation here is Malik Zidi, whose face is an expressive wonder; his eyes seem to literally flicker at times. I'm very keen to see what this actor did with more age and experience.

9. Christopher Jacobs's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

10. Alberto's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

absolutely loved it. brilliant dialogues, going from absurd to extremely deep. only four characters, perfectly layered in a very clear way. artistic shots that always seem to have an aestethic purpose beyond the narrative. highly recommended: a story of love, sex and dependency, with bittersweet twists.

11. mis marg's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

as the inspector in slack bay, would say, "hell's bells!" bit of a control freak here and a harem..

12. Clara Ferri's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

A bizarre take on power and fleeting emotions infused with black humour. Strange but almost too realistic at times. Unsettling and inventively melodramatic.

13. PA's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

14. Wayne's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

15. harniman.gerald's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

A curious view of devotion and relationships, seduction and sexual desire. The fluctuation of roles, and sacrifice within partnerships explored from every angle. A commentary on modern values, aspirations of basically lonely people and need for comfort with others.

16. Ted Eames's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

Acidic satire that has 'Fassbinder' stamped all over its naked flesh. An entertaining mixture of serious commentary on the nature of desire and melodramatic farce. The conventionally bourgeois setting of the apartment and the mannered acting style give the film both plus and minus factors. They enhance the satire but also make it a bit too 'stagey'. The dance sequence is superb!

17. dannyjp1981's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

Tonally bizarre absurdist comedy with this sort of Waiting for Godot meets Closer vibe. I don't really think it works - it's based on a play and I can see that being more successful - but there's some fun to be had and I thought the first act was hot.

18. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

Two and a half. Not a big hit.

19. generallaurodelvillar's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

This is one of my personal favorites

20. Isaac Sharon Martins Cardoso's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

Leopold carries all the tension of the film, where it draws people's love and devotion to themselves and their desires, making them willing and forgetting about themselves. The movie represents these sickly loves, where one side of the relationship completely gives up and the other stays stable, really like a scorching rock attracting the tiny drops of water, about to evaporate its essences for a sick love

21. Anélia Zacarias's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

Amar é memorizar um roteiro completo e, no fim, não conseguir o papel. O primeiro amor é o roteiro marcante que molda toda a técnica e te mata.

22. aam's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

For Fassbinder love is colder than death.

23. ioana m's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

After watching some Ozon's movies I'm convinced that's not my cup of tea.

24. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Water Drops on Burning Rocks

This was so wonderfully not serious! Theatrical, exaggerated, wahrlich Fassbinder! The power games between the lovers (and ex-lovers) feel as crazy and silly as they are most often. You wonder why the fuck do they put up with that shit. But that’s love: A game in which each plays for him-/herself even when they claim only to care about the other. And he (or she) who loves the least, wins.