1. thebpicture's rating of the film Waterloo Bridge

lovely lovely. This reminded me of the film THE CLOCK with Robert Walker and Judy Garland except far more morose. One of my favorite scenes was when Kitty/Myra see Roy standing outside in the rain near their house and the two girls are so excited they act like how girls really act when meeting a guy! haha. Also loved the waltz Roy/Myra danced to the scene felt very magical/great use of lighting. Vivien is beautiful

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Waterloo Bridge

Du romantisme à profusion et en pagaille, bien réalisé avec une pointe de mélodrame languissant qui donne un somptueux cachet désuet à cette réalisation somme toute intéressante. Pourtant, il faut reconnaître que malgré tout, Mervyn Le Roy, le metteur en scène, fut déjà mieux inspiré de par le passé... www.cinefiches.com

3. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film Waterloo Bridge

A gorgeous example of a classic melodrama exquisitely realized with the best of what romantic Hollywood filmmaking had to offer. Leigh has rarely been as enticing and tragically luminous as she was here. It's certainly one of the best films of Mervyn LeRoy's filmography.

4. Log Lady's rating of the film Waterloo Bridge

3.5 stars. I have eternal hatred towards Scarlett O'Hara, and unfortunately that has subconsciously affected my desire to see Leigh's movies. That I think has now passed, because she was lovely and incredibly natural in this, especially in the café scene. The film itself I wouldn't praise quite so highly, but there's freshness and mystique surrounding the somewhat conventional romance. Very much worth the watch!

5. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Waterloo Bridge

The waltz in the shadow is mythical. Also note that, as though the action takes place on bridges most of the time, you never see water in the film if we except Vivien Leigh and Robert Taylor's lachrymose eyes. Masterpiece.

6. Jyoti's rating of the film Waterloo Bridge

This was very obviously constructed as a tragedy, but the earnestness of the romance managed to win me over anyway.