1. Nathan Goldman's rating of the film Watermark

often quite beautiful but i could have done without the self-aggrandizing bits from burtynsky

2. Cojocariu Claudia's rating of the film Watermark

I have my doubts with the edit.

3. dave gunn's rating of the film Watermark

Visually captivating, focusing on water through otherworldly scenery and real perspectives from people all over the world whose relationship to it varies dramatically. A little meandering and self-promotional at times, but still something I couldn't look away from.

4. J. O.'s rating of the film Watermark

Though (mostly) stunningly beautiful, there are awkwardly placed slideshows of Burtynsky's photographic work as well as some things that feel a little contrived. There are also seemingly unintentional ironic moments where the destruction of the natural world is discussed while we watch Burtynsky printing his book on mountains of paper. Could use a little more time in the editing room, but is still quite engaging.

5. Matt Richards's rating of the film Watermark

It's pleasing to see another documentary on our most precious resource and certainly nice to have one without an annoying narrator like 'EARTH'. Watermark takes a rather disjointed approach, flitting aimlessly through locations, side-stepping grand statements and ultimately ending quietly, perhaps missing an opportunity for greater depth. 3 stars

6. El Biffo's rating of the film Watermark

Edward Burtynsky's second film proves (again) that great photography makes great cinema. Kudos to Jennifer Baichwal, and especially cinematographer Nick de Pencier. See this one on the big screen, not at home. It changed the way I think about water. Mesmerizing, I wish it had gone on for twice as long!

7. msmichel's rating of the film Watermark

Meandering but hypnotic documentary that reteams Jennifer Baichwal with photographic artist Edward Burtynsky that follows Burtynsky around the globe in his latest work; the exploration of man's relationship with water.The two director's first combined effort 'Manufactured Landscapes' was a masterpiece and this film unfortunately does not quite strike the same magic .Fascinating for some but also a cure for insomnia.

8. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Watermark

An impressive yet sobering look at Mankind's most precious resource - water. Recommended viewing.