1. Arf's rating of the film Watership Down

2. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Watership Down

One of the film 'treats' of my childhood along with The Childcatcher, inside the Temple of Doom, the Chocolate Factory boat trip... and other minor horrors. Such is life (sort of). Useful experiences. Revisiting the film now I'm still struck by the brutal order of things. The novel's for-all-mankind anthropomorphic device translates with general fidelity and it's epic human themes are simply distilled.

3. Michael A's rating of the film Watership Down

I feel weird about how this films show sadness. It is hauntingly good and unforgettable.

4. entité inconnue's rating of the film Watership Down

5. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Watership Down

Dark paganistic currents thrum in its furry belly. The earthy watercolours bring the tactile world of the rabbits to life. Despite the rumpled pugnaciousness of General Woundwort, I still find the fey, loping Cowslip to be the most disturbing bunny. Not quite as great as the magisterial 'Plague Dogs', but a compassionate and truly weird piece of British animation.

6. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Watership Down

A childhood classic that is still excellent now!

7. Renton47's rating of the film Watership Down

If we're going to bother to anthropomorphise animals, at least let's be honest and give them persecution complexes. Unfortunately the film doesn't really engage with the shift from rabbits against the world to rabbits against themselves; for all the talk of the tyranny of evil and that Immorton Joe wannabe, the content embraces a hierarchy of the natural world which echoes some of the ongoing conflict of humans...

8. Chris's rating of the film Watership Down

amazing animation with some unforgettable moments, one of the best non-japanese animated movies ive seen

9. Dries's rating of the film Watership Down

Un buon film ma sinceramente non mi è parso affatto strappalacrime o particolarmente eccessivo a differenza del successivo Plague Dogs che è una spanna superiore a questo

10. aliasgenius's rating of the film Watership Down

Life on the warren isn't easy, but it's worth it.

11. ionu's rating of the film Watership Down

12. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Watership Down

The scariest movie about cute little animated rabbits. Pretty good animation. Nice to see the medium used to tell more adult tales than the usual kids Disney stuff. A truly frightening film at times.

13. Ignoto's rating of the film Watership Down

14. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Watership Down

15. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Watership Down

wow "Army of Shadows" is way different than I was expecting

16. Jim Fear's rating of the film Watership Down

Disney with politics and bloodshed.

17. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Watership Down

What a fantastic film! 'Watership Down' is what movie-making is all about. Granted, it is based on a novel (of the same name by Richard Adams, I haven't read it so I can't speak to the quality of the interpretation), but this film accomplishes everything you would hope one would in bringing a novel to life. Scenic illustration littered with vividly expressionistic moments of grandeur tell the tale of Frith,...↓

18. smndvdcl's rating of the film Watership Down

Whoever thought it was okay to put kids through the final act of this film was wrong!

19. Mister Monkeyman's rating of the film Watership Down

Who would have thought that a cartoon about rabbits could pack such a punch. I still can't watch the ending in public without embarrassing myself...

20. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Watership Down

21. Rocco's rating of the film Watership Down

It's very true to the book and there's a roughness to the animation that adds to the charm. It's something akin to Miyazaki films in that it fills you with the sort of difficult emotions the likes of which Disney just doesn't touch.

22. Jack Hemingway's rating of the film Watership Down

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you"

23. Sacred White Noise's rating of the film Watership Down

The film had me, until Zizek the bird showed up - then it got worse when our heroes wanted to release the female rabbits solely for mating...even though these are supposed to be anthropomorphic; you're kidding, right?

24. Severus Snape's rating of the film Watership Down

Bright eyes, burning like fire.