1. babycakesromero's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

edm gets the film it deserves. cheesy as fuck

2. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

3. Waxamillion's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

A 2.5. It is an old story, nothing ground breaking or fresh. The "rich" scenes were really boring & the "poor kids" scenes didnt give enough to be invested. It is also totally a 90's male gaze film. I was hoping for more, that this could have been EDM's empire records. It isnt. On the plus side, had some really interesting camera/roto/design parts at the start, then they seemed to forget that they could do that.

4. Noah Friedman's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

inspiring me to give up everything i've ever known to become an EDM bro

5. Michael Peer's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

"Millennial - The Movie". The backlash that WAYF's received from the exact target audience they made this for is unreal. WAYF's is not the trainwreck you'd imagine from the box office, but it is one of the most soulless, transparent attempts to please a demographic studio heads don't know a thing about. This movie is 2 years too late. That's what you get for putting your faith behind market trends and not story.

6. chickenwing's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

Three stars because it caught me at a most sentimental period in life. 1.5 otherwise.

7. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

Aww it wasn't that bad. I'm not exactly in the EDM scene so I don't know how terrible it may be on that front but it seemed to me a quasi solid "what the fuck do we do now that we are in our mid 20s" flick. The actors weren't trying too hard like "alpha dog" seemed naturalistic in a lot of ways. Anywho. Trust me if dog on it if I could.

8. Muhamad Tegar Pratama Putra's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

For a better EDM themed movie, go watch Mia Hansen Løve's Eden

9. Ana Sousa's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

Magic happens when you start listening to what's going on around you. "(...) then there's hardcore - not sure how you dance to that". Oh the feels. And the need for a festival.

10. animalcalls's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

I wish I could say this was a secret masterpiece, but it's, uh, not.

11. Sin título.'s rating of the film We Are Your Friends

Película pseudomotivacional que busca representar el triunfo dentro del fracaso producto de la excesiva validación de los millennials sobreviviendo a 128 BPM. ¿Algún día seremos mejores que esto? Por supuesto, el primer paso es dejar de vivir la crisis existencial con EDM e intentos de productos cinematográficos como este. Lo mejor, el encanto visual de Emily Ratajkowski y esas cuantas notas del Buchla Music Easel.

12. Àlex Frias Haro's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

La música electrónica es más que oprimir 3 botones, dar dos clicks en una laptop, y mezclarlo todo en un programa. Ser DJ tiene lo suyo, de eso trata de convencernos el filme. El problema es lo más que trillado de la historia, con Zac Efron interpretando a un joven aspirante a ser un reconocido DJ, bajo la tutela de un genio en la materia (Wes Bentley), con problemas con el alcohol.

13. Juan Valero's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

14. chanandre's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

"You're what?23 years old?You haven't been Alive long Enough to Understand the Meaning of the Word Irreparable (beat) but at some point in your life there gonna be Things that Finish you & won't be a damn thing You can do About It.">*dies*[15-17>DJ - I'd sketch a turntable on my pad & scratch on it during class:FAIL#17-18>Ornithologist:Fail#19-20>Diplomat:Fail#20-now>Director:give up son#33>Burial[contd. in comments]

15. Carl Penguin's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

16. Eddie Rinctoya's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

...Algo en esta cinta me atrajo. La capacidad de destruirnos y de formarnos...

17. Violins By Night's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

The misogyny in this film is just jaw dropping, exacerbating the overall offensiveness of how poorly it's trying to tell its story - which is shit. I'm keen to see Mia Hansen Love's 'Eden' which, I'm told, is a far superior film using a similar subject matter.

18. William Low's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

Kinda like an extended cool music video

19. Evan Schafer's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

Honestly, I'm not exactly certain why this film received such a horrible opening weekend and has been downplayed by viewers and critics alike. I thought the film was edgy, original, with some killer EDM tracks mixed in, and the on-screen text was a wild addition that caught the eye. I liked the shock factor to the friend's death and how it inspired him to make music. Don't listen to the haters on this one, see it.

20. patríciapinho's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

Had a really promising beginning but kind of crumbles in between. 2.5 to the film and 0.5 to Cole's track, I mean, I feel so betrayed after all that build up to listen to a song that sounds like North West accidentally stumbled in his dad's studio.

21. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film We Are Your Friends

Was really hoping this was going to be as impressionistic and hypnotic as "Spring Breakers," but for a mainstream effort, it's still a very fun ride. You can lose yourself in the neon cinematography, and even as someone who loathes EDM and rave culture, this is a nice look into a quarter-life crisis and a group of teens who know they're too smart to fall into society's "9 to 5" trap.