1. Jay van Dijk's rating of the film We Come as Friends

A beautiful phenomenological approach to filmmaking that succeeds where few do in presenting truth and a vital message. The camera his catalyst our Four Star General transports us into the midst of Sudan's boiling pot of cultures, unspoken and unprejudiced Sauper draws us a powerful ethnographic description of a world the West is largely ignorant of. Humanity needs more film like this.

2. cabrapreta's rating of the film We Come as Friends

Despairingly infuriating.

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film We Come as Friends

I'm wary of potential White Saviours. Hard as it was to stay critical through the immediate & relentless onslaught of some of the most deeply satisfying cinematography & sound design I've ever experienced in a doc*, I did it; Sauper's clean. Less so all the rest of us complicit in any of the spectrum of neocolonial acts/ideas re Africa on display in the film. Rich with staggering ironies. And maddening results.

4. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film We Come as Friends

5. muh.'s rating of the film We Come as Friends

the more the movie progressed, the more i cringed my teeth.

6. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film We Come as Friends

A superb investigation of Neocolonialism in Sudan, a country that is being massively exploited by the US, Europe, and China. The recurrent face of Hillary Clinton, a ruthless neoliberal queen, is as unsettling as the pervasive scenes of violence, destruction, manipulation, and abuse. Like Sauper's previous Darwin's Nightmare (2004), this essential documentary shows the ugliest face of globalization.

7. Olivier Bélanger's rating of the film We Come as Friends

8. Sandra Ruch's rating of the film We Come as Friends

"We Come As Friends" will forever remain in my mind and my heart as did Hubert's film "Darwin's Nightmare." Sandra Ruch Co-Producer www.darwindoc.com