1. smndvdcl's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

Like 'Making a Murderer', it still feels impossible to conclude whether Assange is a falsely accused scapegoat or a criminal mastermind. This uncertainty is remarkably explored in a compelling and even-handed documentary.

2. noice's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

3. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

the rules of transparency radicalism.

4. anarresti's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

(Spoiler) The tone is balanced. And there seems to be an effort to present Julian Assange as a complex person, with virtues and flaws. This 2012 doc already seems outdated. It presents almost a defunct Wikileaks and makes no mention of the 2013 Edward Snowden leak*. Which is great. Only 3 years allowed to create a sense of past. And we have a document to look into and see how once people felt about one organization.

5. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

We Steal Secrets doesn't carry the same punch or investigative depth that make Gibeny's docs so compelling. It's an interesting look at a flawed man, albeit too unidimensional for those who studied Assange and his work. Still, it offers plenty of thought-provoking material that make the film a relevant entry in Gibney's filmography.

6. film_lies101's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

Incredible filmmaking, one of the even headed docs I've ever seen

7. robin's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

More about Bradly Manning and an attempt to decipher moral, psychological, social and political implications of being a whistle blower than it is about Assange. It is at those moments that film is at it's best. Story about Wikileaks is more information driven, focusing on objectivity and giving a solid brief for further exploration of the subject.

8. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

Gibney has a huge experience as documentarian and “We Steal Secrets”, despite not completely elucidatory, gives a good impression on what was the most scandalous case of secret information leak involving the US Government. Review and rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/07/we-steal-secrets-story-of-wikileaks-2013.html

9. orangey's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

don't let this clap trap hack job fool you. it's been consistently proven to be false on its major accusations against wikileaks and Assange

10. Товарищ Петя.'s rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

Well structured documentary, if just slightly too lenghty as pointed out by failedimitator. Too big of focus on Mannings sexuality seems rather uncalled-for, too.

11. Mathieu Verbeeck's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

Evil? Genius? My take: an evil genius. - ✮✮✮

12. Max the Movie Guy's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

http://wikileaks.org/IMG/html/gibney-transcript.html Check this out to find out why this is one of the most bollocks documentaries ever created.

13. FailedImitator's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

It's not bad, but it felt more like an extended 60 Minutes episode than movie.

14. DK's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

Strong documentary that does a good job of laying out the events, and the various fall-outs. Also giving a fairly honest and evenhanded 'portrait' of both men, their backgrounds, and their respective characters. Not going to take your breath away, and certainly not going to please Assange devotees, but well paced and a good summation of the world we live in. Would make a great double feature with The Social Network.

15. Thirdi Canggi's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

Decent documentary. Bradley Manning: an abandoned martyr.

16. watchme's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

Superb unbiased journalism at its best

17. Violeta Ayala's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

A film about Assange without Assange and Manning without Manning!

18. Ellie Groom's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

Undeniably entertaining to watch, and it seems that Gibney at least makes an attempt to be even handed in his portrayal of WikiLeaks and Assange. However, there is a constant feeling that the real story is happening out of frame, and there is a chilling reminder that Bradley Manning has only recently been sent to trial after 3+ years of detention.

19. Janit's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

Intriguing and gets very emotional in the end. An eye-opener to what's really happening and the real personality of Assange himself.

20. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

21. Matt Richards's rating of the film We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks

An equally engaging and enraging rundown on the current state of Wikileaks, Julian Assange, whistle blowers, Bradley Manning, PR spin, international law, piracy and the fight for freedom of information. A must-watch in this current state of greasy politics, sleight of hand and multinational greed. 4 stars