1. FISCHER's rating of the film We Want the Colonels

Montrer de vieilles ganaches en uniforme, à la limite du gâtisme et de la débilité, dans une farce grotesque, comme de potentiels dangers aux libertés, ne peut qu'affadir la vigilance face à ceux qui comptent toujours qu'une grande partie de la population les suivra, si ce n'est par conviction, du moins par intérêt ou par peur... www.cinefiches.com

2. bagno's rating of the film We Want the Colonels

cavaliere del lavoro, altrui

3. José Neves's rating of the film We Want the Colonels

The charge although sharp and bittersweet is also coarse and thrown to the face, which is more a characteristic of Scola than Monicelli. Let's say that in this movie the ideological assumptions - stimulatingly correct - exceeded largely the formalists and in this assumption the film did not win "patine" but a certain weight that restricts.

4. Duncan Gray's rating of the film We Want the Colonels

Presenting Monicelli's acerbic side, where he focuses not on the fools he sympathizes with, but on the ones he doesn't. The speed is frantic, deliciously piling on more characters than anyone can be expected to keep track of, with a fast-talking dispassionate narrator making it like reportage of an event too absurd for comprehension. The only stability you can count on is the Eternal Return of a running gag.