1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

2. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

3. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

4. FISCHER's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

Un film simple et intime, qui cache derrière son humour un profond malaise sourd et récurrent. A force de vérité, les personnages plutôt médiocres deviennent pathétiques. Second long métrage de Maurice Pialat, d'inspiration fortement autobiographique qui déjà, pour certains, irrite et agace puissamment... www.cinefiches.com

5. ennui.'s rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

"A man only loves a woman when he loses her."* Yeah. *Eu Sei Que Vou Te Amar - Arnaldo Jabor (1986) I like the name of the film a lot. So sad, too bad.

6. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

It would be less horrific had it been less true, but veracity isn't the valuation's gold standard and “tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner” is wont to be revised. I never lingered twice on Hopper before this Pialat with scenes all "there on the canvas", no added sugar, suggestion-choked, devoid of any symbolism, the difficult encounters interpreted in the low key of “no interpretation”. Possible heir: Nobuhiro Suwa.

7. LauraPalmer's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

falling in love is self-destructive

8. Balthaz21's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

9. Matthew Martens's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

But we won't get any younger either.

10. suede's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

What's most pathetic about this drama is that we are expected to buy the ludicrous backstory that eventually crystallizes: Kind, classy, pretty blonde married down, then got dumped for a girlfriend by her husband—a penniless, woman-beating, beer-gutted, dour-faced, degrading, publicly abusive, idling, moderately unattractive asshole. And she stayed with him. For 6 years and counting! In your fucking dreams, Pialat.

11. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

Retrato de un vil romance. Hay muchas películas en donde las parejas viven una relación tormentosa, pero en respuesta están los buenos momentos. En el filme de Pialat no hay estos últimos. Como ocurre en "La infancia desnuda", el director le roba el encanto a un etapa tan bonita y humana como el amor. En esta historia hay sufrimiento, odio, obsesión. Ahora, al margen, hay también benevolencia. Esa abnegada ex esposa.

12. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

13. irises's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

beautiful blue and copper tones. a nice movie but this is not real.

14. CastleofWorms's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

The film equivalent of the "it's complicated" relationship. A tough, tense story of the slow collapse of a formerly happy relationship. While I felt it drug on a bit too long to tell its story, this film by Pialat is an extraordinarily realistic and naturalistic look at relationships. If there was ever an opposite to the "feel good" movie, this is it.

15. Alvin Case's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

Unadorned and honest filmmaking. As much as some people like to crow about the 'realism' in some contemporary indie cinema ( Swanberg especially), it's clear they have no clue what it takes to master the craft and discipline to produce works like Pialat's. It takes courage to film this way. No attitude, no histrionics, just honest, brutal, and beautiful cinema.

16. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

17. mpho3's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

"Frankly if you died now, it wouldn't affect me. But I'd be annoyed." I can't understand these people. Best thing about this film is that zippy little car.

18. Violins By Night's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

19. El Biffo's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

The title suggests the many contradictions that permeate this film throughout. When people say about their relationship, "It's complicated", it's because it is.

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

The real title should have been "We won't grow old together because I'm a huge insecure asshole, and you'll eventually get tired of me."

21. http://letterboxd.com/James_'s rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

I envy those who can look at this film and remain at a safe distance from its brutality of fact. years in between viewings, and it's just as scorching as ever. one of the great films

22. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

23. lazycalm's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

Those women are crazier than Jean!

24. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together