1. Juan Javier's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

2. Yelizaveta's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

I hear these dialogues like literally all my life, between me and friends, me and society, friends and society and me again. Looks like we are all emotionally unstable in our stability, can't stand each other, but can't live without each other, jeez so complicated

3. Gonzalo Purull's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

4. Peregrine's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

The on & off kinda bored me after a while

5. Dave Muñoz Velasco's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

A nice character-driven film about the full decaying process of a relationship. It's difficult to engage with it at the beginning (due to the main characters' ugly nature) but then it's worth the ride. A realistic story, written perfectly and with a good pace. One of the key stones of French cinema's new era of hyper realism.

6. Boyuan123's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

A masterpiece humanist-depiction of emotional abuse. Very hard to watch but like all masterpiece films it leads to incredible places in the end. What a beauty!

7. msmichel's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

Early film from director Pialat is a tedious affair tracing the long erosion of a relationship between a woman and a morose, troubled man that anyone can see are not meant to be together. When one's main thought through an entire picture is 'what an insufferable a-hole this guy is' it doesn't exactly inspire empathy for a character.

8. Renightz's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

Sometimes, silence is a blessing. Sometimes, the quietness between two souls represents a moment of bliss, of the overwhelming beauty that lies in the eyes of lovers. However, in a toxic affair, silence is built upon the things that couldn't be and won't be said. Exploring the bursts of violence and the desillusion of a love that can't be, this Pialat is a relentless study of a disfunctional relationship.

9. Federico D'Accinni's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

Maurice Pialat zooms in and out the turbulences of a couple throughout his whole film, investigating how hard it is to love each other and to be aware of such sentiment. Lengthy dialogues and temperamental behaviours are only a few of the aspects that make Pialat's cinema so unique and fascinating - a way of looking at the world that audaciously distances itself from the renowned modes of the French New Wave.

10. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

On the contrary this is not realist, honest cinema but totally surreal. Characters have Lynchian behaviours and say odd phrases like 'The doctor says I'm bourgeois but I don't think so'. People peel nuts, truffles and peas while opening up. Wives are disappointed in their husbands mistress for not loving him back and the mistress' parents are also totally cool with it. Like a mix between Fassbinder and R Ruiz.

11. captainfez's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

He's A Horrible Fuckbag: the movie.

12. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

I can't come up with a good reason not to give it a five. It's a wonderful film. And also how I imagine my 30's to be.

13. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

Winning lead performances and a script that puts some complicated adult relationships at the forefront of the proceedings make this a v ery enjoyable drama. Maurice Pialat adapts his novel to the screen, and manages to make something very bittersweet, with elements that many people will recognise, even if they don't want to.

14. Ark V's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

15. 'king Harold's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

Monotonous, self-pitying, lazy, blaming, I could really identify with the main character. So it was basically a joy to watch as I am also vain.

16. Superfrog's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

The character study of a possessive and dominant 'salaud' abusing a cute, and helplessly collaborating 'rousse' in this distasteful abuse scheme of the salaud on the rousse. Absolutely horrible to watch which I think is what the director wants to achieve as it is how life sometimes goes. Or it is some kind of sick fantasy wrt the wife/salaud situation.

17. ADZERTY's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

Il ne sait pas vraiment l'aimer, où l'aime à contretemps, elle ne sait pas comment le quitter. Pialat excelle à filmer le changement d'atmosphère au sein du couple - où certains manquements sont irrévocables. L'homme qui commençait en position de force s'avère le plus fragile finalement, quand la femme lui échappe : belle leçon d'humilité - à moins qu'il n'ait le goût du malheur.

18. Patrick Vincent (Exeter, UK)'s rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

With this film, it's not the subject matter that is important. What's important is the honesty and complete lack of sentimentality with which it is made.

19. Saundoh's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

A brutal look inside the workings of an insecure man who refuses to face love and his inner demons, resulting in an emotionally claustrophobic realistic narrative that oozes sorrow.

20. Pango's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

What I don't understand is why everyone praises this film veracity and realism. Instead, it seems to me it lacks these aspects.

21. Thierry Cecille's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

Un beau film - qui n a pas pris une ride.

22. Didonne's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together

L'amour vache a-t-il un avenir ? Jean Yanne joue à merveille un cinéaste odieux et attaché qui veut tout (garder). Peu à peu, la grosse cavalerie du rapport passionnel s'efface devant le chagrin grinçant, subtil, tenace, pudique, infini face à la légèreté et à l'insouciance casanière de la jeune femme. Le banal, ça fait mal. Bien vu.

23. RoRoRoro's rating of the film We Won't Grow Old Together