1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Weekend

My favorite Godard probably, but I still don’t like Godard.

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Weekend

4.2 stars. A bloody nasty piece of work, but Godard does sneering contempt better than most filmmakers do warm humanism. Necessarily masturbatory and ultimately no more edifying than 'Wonder Showzen', 'Derek and Clive' or Haneke lobbing the head off some chicken... but as a monolith of vomit that squares off all apologetics for Western civilisation, it is a force to be reckoned with. Make nihilism fun again. Merde.

3. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Weekend

Compared with Godard's other films, there isn't a lot to care about here at a personal level. Make no mistake; this is as much a road trip movie as 'Wild Strawberries' or 'Night on the Galactic Railroad', but amidst the long dirges about the ancient ocean and the history of colonialism, investment dwindles. Especially when the movie abandons structure completely, in favor of nihilistic antics in the woods.

4. O...'s rating of the film Weekend

Hilarante. Un collage de una realidad caótica, marcada por la creciente estupidización de eso llamado "humanidad". Fascismo. Burguesía caníbal. Revoluciones no tan revolucionarias. El acorazado Potemkin siendo aniquilado por las corbatas y los carros de carreras. La destrucción del lenguaje, o, en últimas, de la vida.

5. afuchs's rating of the film Weekend

This was actually the first film by Godard that I saw many years ago. Either it's not the best way into Godard or boring af. And if the latter, then also pointless. I've watched many Godards since then, and they were even fun. Munch on this cinéaste's review, MUBI.

6. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film Weekend

Goddard at his best is Alphaville. This is however, is my favorite Goddard. He's just showing off. Films aren't supposed to be disorienting. So they would have you believe.

7. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Weekend

8. Chearth's rating of the film Weekend

9. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Weekend

10. K_Tarr's rating of the film Weekend

I'm thinking Godard from '67 onward isn't for me.

11. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Weekend

7.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-35R

12. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Weekend

My introduction to Godard and the French New-Wave was bizarre. I despised its animal cruelty at the time, but was mesmerized by the sheer playfulness of the film. It prepared me for the traffic jams of LA.

13. Dogville59's rating of the film Weekend

Not a flattering depiction of humanity under the capitalist western democratic system and justly so. I particularly liked how Godard treated the automobile.

14. Smaro Papaevangelou's rating of the film Weekend

Traffic scene, Mozart, dissecting the medium,fucking the whole construction of it: ok, interesting. But there has to be a limit to such intellectualism and self-obsession,no? It feels like watching the thoughts of an anarchointellectual angry boy - a smart boy but still. Hm I got bored.

15. FISCHER's rating of the film Weekend

>>> Une oeuvre brillante et décapante qui bouscule et dérange tous azimuts. Dommage qu'une lourde phraséologie amoindrit la virulence des images... www.cinefiches.com

16. dordairobert's rating of the film Weekend

17. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Weekend

"What a rotten film. All we meet are crazy people."

18. christian's rating of the film Weekend

19. ricki-rocki's rating of the film Weekend

20. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film Weekend

Sans doute le plus radicalement étrange film de Godard des années 60. Rarement il a été aussi cru, aussi âpre... Une série de chocs idéologiques... Un surréalisme révolutionnaire - si l'expression était possible ! Même la non apparition d'un panda devient un événement !

21. Axel's rating of the film Weekend

Surreal dream or nightmare. You decide.

22. captainfez's rating of the film Weekend

Nihilism, barbecue, and some great cars.

23. Pierre.F's rating of the film Weekend

Un de mes Godard préférés.

24. Mark Roberts's rating of the film Weekend

from poems about films Weekend - Jean-Luc Godard a film adrift in the cosmos a film found on a dump end week a scene of parisian life the exterminating angel from french revolution to gaullist weekends sunday story the lewis carroll way mademoiselle emily, scene of provisional life a rabbit from monsieur flaubert seine-et-oise liberation front totem & taboo massacre of september pluviôse fin