1. afuchs's rating of the film Weekend

This was actually the first film by Godard that I saw many years ago. Either it's not the best way into Godard or boring af. And if the latter, then also pointless. I've watched many Godards since then, and they were even fun. Munch on this cinéaste's review, MUBI.

2. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film Weekend

Goddard at his best is Alphaville. This is however, is my favorite Goddard. He's just showing off. Films aren't supposed to be disorienting. So they would have you believe.

3. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Weekend

4. Chearth's rating of the film Weekend

5. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Weekend

6. K_Tarr's rating of the film Weekend

I'm thinking Godard from '67 onward isn't for me.

7. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Weekend

7.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-35R

8. Dogville59's rating of the film Weekend

Not a flattering depiction of humanity under the capitalist western democratic system and justly so. I particularly liked how Godard treated the automobile.

9. Smaro Papaevangelou's rating of the film Weekend

Traffic scene, Mozart, dissecting the medium,fucking the whole construction of it: ok, interesting. But there has to be a limit to such intellectualism and self-obsession,no? It feels like watching the thoughts of an anarchointellectual angry boy - a smart boy but still. Hm I got bored.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Weekend

>>> Une oeuvre brillante et décapante qui bouscule et dérange tous azimuts. Dommage qu'une lourde phraséologie amoindrit la virulence des images... www.cinefiches.com

11. dordairobert's rating of the film Weekend

12. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Weekend

"What a rotten film. All we meet are crazy people."

13. christian's rating of the film Weekend

14. ricki-rocki's rating of the film Weekend

15. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film Weekend

Sans doute le plus radicalement étrange film de Godard des années 60. Rarement il a été aussi cru, aussi âpre... Une série de chocs idéologiques... Un surréalisme révolutionnaire - si l'expression était possible ! Même la non apparition d'un panda devient un événement !

16. Axel's rating of the film Weekend

Surreal dream or nightmare. You decide.

17. captainfez's rating of the film Weekend

Nihilism, barbecue, and some great cars.

18. Pierre.F's rating of the film Weekend

Un de mes Godard préférés.

19. Mark Roberts's rating of the film Weekend

from poems about films Weekend - Jean-Luc Godard a film adrift in the cosmos a film found on a dump end week a scene of parisian life the exterminating angel from french revolution to gaullist weekends sunday story the lewis carroll way mademoiselle emily, scene of provisional life a rabbit from monsieur flaubert seine-et-oise liberation front totem & taboo massacre of september pluviôse fin

20. Anna K's rating of the film Weekend

Je suis pourtant assez fan de Godard mais celui-la est une véritable épreuve que je n'ai pas pu endurer jusqu'au bout

21. James Cesari's rating of the film Weekend

22. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Weekend

Electrifying from the first frame to the last.

23. OrfgenT's rating of the film Weekend

Ein wunderbarer, selbstreflexiver, selbst- und fremdreferenzieller Film, voller Zeichen und Allegorien. Pop, Diskurs, Ästhetik - vereint in einer absurden und irren Spiegelung der Gesellschaft der End-60er. / A marvelous, self-reflexive, self-referential and referential film, full signs and allegories. Pop, discourse, aesthetics - unites in an absurd and crazy (weird) reflecion of the society of the ending sixties.

24. Sidereus's rating of the film Weekend

I´m not sure if it´s too dated or too actual. The music of the horns, so intelligent! The brutality of killing animals and indifference about the killings and destruction are so current that it looks like the film was made yesterday. In some aspects, one of the most intriguing movies ever.