1. FCC 86's rating of the film Song to Song

"For Mercy has a human heart, Pity a human face, And Love, the human form divine, And Peace, the human dress. Then every man, of every clime, That prays in his distress, Prays to the human form divine, Love, Mercy, Pity, Peace."

2. ryan brennan's rating of the film Song to Song

Malick is not focused on creating drama through a cumulative plot, but rather through an arrangement of experiences revealed to us through characters attempting to understand life, love, righteousness, and more in the contemporary world. Malick captures character disposition through landscape, using distances and spacing to create feeling, and character movement within those backdrops to construct emotion. Masterful.

3. Francisco Leitão's rating of the film Song to Song

3.5 The best Mallick since The New World. The formula may be the same over and over again, but this time the characters feel once again true and complex enough, specially Rooney Mara's. Patti Smith and Iggy Pop's presence is absolutely unnecessary

4. chazell's rating of the film Song to Song

i wonder if Malick keeps an ongoing list of 'cute n soft things i can film a fake couple doing'

5. Ghostman's rating of the film Song to Song

Terrence Malick's poetic take on the Red Shoes-like artist narrative may not be for all, but for those willing to secede from conventional and stock storytelling, one may be greatly delighted by the risks Malick takes here. Song to Song is another masterpiece by one of America's greatest filmmakers.

6. bulgrin's rating of the film Song to Song

We have amazing imagery, we have great acting in itself, a very good flow, and a fitting soundtrack, but where is the story? This is pretty much style over substance, and very pretentious too. Three stars only for the beauty.

7. samuele90's rating of the film Song to Song

A una certa smette di essere un film e diventa accanimento.

8. wave of the future's rating of the film Song to Song

malick's been making the same movie since the tree of life. whoevers been financing his films needs to stop, for everyones sake please stop!

9. tenonder's rating of the film Song to Song

10. o_oo's rating of the film Song to Song

for every film a bit more like the embarrassing uncle waxing poetically about young love when you 14 and your heart is fucking broken. it's not useless, its even radical at moments (especially if u imagine it in the multiplex) - but just so out of touch. Rihanna should've written, narrated and acted in it, imagine.

11. fearraigh's rating of the film Song to Song

I've all but given up on Malick yet continue to watch, partly out of hope, partly out of curiosity. I don't know why but his winsome, half-assed aestheticising which was so infuriating in the last three films has its place here. Maybe it suits the unloftiness of the Austin music scene. Song to Song might still be a high-concept perfume commercial with occasional flashes of coherence but on this occasion it works.

12. Dante Noguez's rating of the film Song to Song

I guess you could say that Malick knows how love works today. It's not love actually, just fear and loneliness disguised as a volatile and fragmented relationship.

13. Dan's rating of the film Song to Song

For a start, this was infinitely more enjoyable and interesting than whatever the fuck Knight of Cups covered. Malick and Lubezki continue to explore their new language of cinema and it's a beautiful, beautiful thing. Song to Song is love in its very caucasian totality, so, yeah, it's flawed - but so is everything we love. Right, Terry?

14. Joaquín Font's rating of the film Song to Song

Más allá de las posibles críticas en cuanto a los recursos de la trama, es innegable que tanto la forma como el contenido son tremendos.

15. JK's rating of the film Song to Song

no depth, but at least somewhat enjoyable throughout.

16. In An Expression Of The Inexpressible's rating of the film Song to Song

17. Rafael Simões's rating of the film Song to Song

every kiss felt like half of what it should be

18. aliasgenius's rating of the film Song to Song

4.25/5 Haters abound, I'm certainly not one of them.

19. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Song to Song

Not quite the desaster expected (at this point, who did not completely give up on Malick ?), but still all the symptoms are there - old man repeating himself. Child running and laughing, woman playing in the curtains, sun shining in the background of every second shot, people lying on the flor (emotion) and this terrible terrible voice over. Just sad to see what Malick became. And his actors are as bad as one can be.

20. Corinne's rating of the film Song to Song

There’s a lot of coy peeking through sheer curtains going on.

21. thmslhr's rating of the film Song to Song

I get why people didn't enjoy his previous two films, and this one probably won't win them over either. And to an extent I get them. It can be tough to stay focused for the whole duration. But the cast and the characters they portray were great, the photography was beautiful (as always) and the story was engaging, so it ended up as a great, immersive visceral experience. If you're up for it.

22. Daniel Grudsky's rating of the film Song to Song

Compleja en su trama, pero visualmente atractiva.....falto enlace, conexión....demasiado dispersa a ratos....reparto de alto nivel con un director que ha hecho otras trabajos tope de línea....esperaba mucho más

23. Cojocariu Claudia's rating of the film Song to Song

Astonishing fluidity and rhythm but tell me why should I be interested in what the characters feel or say or how they act when we don't have a... fuckin story :))

24. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Song to Song

A two hour perfume ad. A wide angle manifesto. Blindingly white. It's like ten issues of Architectural Digest, animated. Experience the deep existential sorrow of rich dudes and gals with infinity pools! Listen to Patti Smith! Beware of the music biz: it is a corrupting force! No, really. Go back to a simpler life! Lie down among the crops! Get some dirt under your fingernails! Mud! Mud is good for you.