1. msmichel's rating of the film Weirdos

Absolutely charming Nova Scotia set film from Bruce McDonald from a poignant and nostalgic script from Daniel MacIvor. One could argue there is nothing new here but one would be missing out on some fine turns from leads Dylan Authors and Julia Sarah Stone, supports Molly Parker and Allan Hawco and a great soundtrack of seventies Canadian music. Sometimes even the most familiar can be charming and meaningful.

2. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Weirdos

3. J. O.'s rating of the film Weirdos

Exceptionally disappointing. A frustratingly mediocre paint-by-numbers effort from the once-relevant McDonald. The coming of age story takes no risks, and is predictable from the first few moments - when it is obvious that the lead has a secret his kinda-girlfriend pal and cool-but-embarrassing dad will eventually find out. Casting was odd, and most of the good players could've used some careful direction.

4. Kamran's rating of the film Weirdos

A quirky—perhaps overly quirky—coming of age road film which while failing in many critical regards seems sure to be a festival crowd-pleaser. It is ultimately successful in providing the ambition of a road film which is to chart a journey of both physical and spiritual proportions, with the protagonist experiencing a journey both within and without. 70/100 - Good.

5. Jason's rating of the film Weirdos

I recognize the honesty of this gorgeous Canadian coming-out-and-of-age cine-psalm, and am more than happy to excuse the foregrounding of a number of not-exactly-fresh-on-the-scene devices employed in Daniel MacIvor's kinda-lightweight-but-definitely-impactful screenplay, because I love Mr. MacIvor and because the results speak for themselves. I was a Canadian kid. I felt the highway calling through the screen.