1. Elinor Lewy's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

One of the best, most realistic coming-of-age films ever made. Brutal and uncomfortable with a much needed dose of empathy for Dawn that sets it apart from many "cutting edge" films about young people.

2. ali di pollo's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

forse sono pazza ma la mia prefe è la bimba ballerina

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

I forgot that Todd Solondz's film is absolutely relentless. Dawn doesn't catch a break, but also does anyone in middle school?

4. Erklgh's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

5. Marta's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

"you think you're hot shit, but really you're just cold diarrhea"

6. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

7. Jonia Caon's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

8. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

Rewatched and re-loved. So pure. TOP film, I really love it.

9. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

10. João R's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

Thematically and visually raw, providing an adjusted and dramatic frame for such a story.

11. oooooo's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

12. Лиич's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

13. M.E. Funke's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

14. uenus's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

cuatro estrellas sólo porque loser

15. SiIencio's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

Solondz's trademark acid critique of American glorification of national values so ingrained now in the collective phyche this time through this coming-of-age bittersweet comedy(?). The sweet outsider Dawn looks through the magnifying glass into American society. The cult of unemotional individualism and the bullying against everyone who does not conform to the narrow accepted stereotypes are again common topics here.

16. Arf's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

17. ninchok's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

It's interesting how someone's future is already quite predictable from the very early years and how one's life, somehow, is partially the result of the way one is being treated. Every kind of attitude be it a bad or a good one, just like energy, is never to vanish, but be reflected in different forms. And to blame the kids for bullying is yet the biggest mistake one can make, because kids are simply what they see.

18. James Mackin's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

When I watched this as a teenager, it hit me too hard, because this was about someone who was so very real, and despite being the protagonist, wasn't a hero. Just a normal person, in how relatively shitty they were. The older I get, the more I realize this film is a masterpiece of character study. I need to watch more Todd Solondz.

19. galuh indri's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

"I don't mean to be a cunt."

20. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

Solondz is the one of the best sadists birthed by american cinema and Dollhouse is his masterpiece. Poor little Dawn.

21. pintobean's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

22. Cybunny's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

23. Muraki's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse

a masterful childish art/house drama

24. Mariana Vilhena's rating of the film Welcome to the Dollhouse