1. Aeclipse's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

The tone of this movie is so dark, bitter, also stifling and I was nearly unable to breathe. It reminded me of the Manchester by the sea which was also acted by Michelle Williams. Then I was thinking how that movie out stands this one, result being that the loss of the deaths of children seems to be less bearable which may invoke the most heavy melancholy.

2. Daniel Edwards's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Perhaps part of a post-GFC 'cinema of decline', this is a deeply moving and well acted portrait of a woman with few resources to fall back on and a ragged dog for company. Commendably, the film doesn't condescend to its audience with needless background on its protagonist's life story. Set in a nowhere land of small town stores and empty streets, it is probably Kelly Reichardt's best film to date.

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Maybe my heart was a little underdeveloped when I first saw this, but there’s no way you can watch a Kelly Reichardt film without falling apart and wanting to hug someone because Reichardt’s movies are all about isolation and an inarticulable need humans have for the simplest of connections. Lucy.

4. Ronja's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

one of the saddest films i've seen

5. The Macho King's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

6. lbunuel's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

I don't get the hype. There's something going on here, and Kelly Reichardt clearly has a cinematic eye, but the blending of the allegorical and the naturalistic registers fell completely flat for me.

7. Francisco's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Pretty. So fucking "simple".

8. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

A simple movie but not at all simple in mind. Very effective with few resources. A indie drama about the realism of everday struggle, people and places, low life. Michelle Williams is natural here. Good acting. Fine effort from the director. Instantly liked her approach about filmmaking. The ending was very good, emotional of course. 7.25/10

9. Elephants Gerald's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

The piece where Kelly Reichardt formed her reputation for pulling grandeur from silences and mundane relationships. I don't know if she's on the record for paying homage to Bicycle Thieves, but this is as deeply felt a depiction of economic desperation and the pain it wreaks on our human (or animal) connections.

10. Adam GR's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

A little heartbreaker. Lucy can act, with Reichardt's love and subliminal direction. A strange relationship with responsibility.

11. Milly Hampton's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

12. Videograms's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Lovelier than I expected. Slow burner with subtle pitch-shifts in tone and character.

13. Nicole Richie's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

14. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Reichardt kind of reproduces "Old Joy" with her minimalist style. She is close from her actress and get the best of her. I like the fact that she does not explain much (because we don´t need to know and because it creates a narrative tension). I understand there is nothing revolutionary about her cinema but i like it, it is way more touching as a lot of films today. Simple and true.

15. Ieva Šukytė's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Michelle Williams is the indie star.

16. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

kiedyś mnie urzekł ten film ale już nie za bardzo pamiętam o czym był więc chyba o niczym.

17. Justepourmesouveniraprès's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Intrigant et simple, bien filmé, personnage intéressant, actrice bien dirigée.

18. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

3,8/5 Tout est juste, retenu, sensible, et, l'air de rien, offre une plongée saisissante au cœur de l'Amérique. Pourtant, cette belle authenticité me laisse un très léger arrière-goût de manipulation facile ; sans doute est-ce dû à l'argument du chien... la panne de voiture suffisait et aurait été plus efficace, car plus sec encore. Si elle avait perdu sa peluche panda, ça aurait été la même chose...

19. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Can not give less than 4 * to this movie with a simple but profound story, and perfect interpretation + music score. 4.5. ----- Impossible de donner moins de 4 * à ce film au récit simple mais profond, à l'interprétation et la musique parfaites. 4,5.

20. Olivier Serafinowicz's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

21. Agnieska F's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Aller de l"avant quand rien ne vous retient là d'où vous venez,, c'est finalement peut-être plus difficile encore. Le parcours courageux d'une jeune femme ancrée dans un réel bien âpre. Un beau fim.

22. Ludovic72's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

La malchance, l'imprudence et la pauvreté se liguent contre Wendy, en route vers l'Alaska et un avenir meilleur. Sobre et concis, ce drame social intimiste a le mérite de ne pas tourner au sentimental et de poser de gênantes questions, comme "faut-il avoir un chien si l'on manque d'argent pour le nourrir ?". Il a aussi le défaut d'en révéler trop peu sur son héroïne, finement campée par Michelle Williams. (3,5 / 5)

23. Clara C.'s rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

un peu déprimant quand même :/

24. eguilbert's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Petit bijou. Ou comment avec un chien, 3 personnages, un bled plutôt banal, une réalisatrice douée et son interprète parle du lien ténu qui fait tenir debout les êtres humains.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7