1. Daniel Pemberton's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

A deeply touching and heartbreaking picture that says a lot while saying so little. Masterful. My first exposure to the world of Kelly Reichardt has been one that affirms her a place amongst my personal list of the best American auteurs working today

2. Kaonashiii's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

3. Will Linhares's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

A singular tear containing everything fell down my cheek during the fence scene

4. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

A world that hides its secrets, but is simultaneously close and hard. A fine, honest film, especially about money. But, for all my sins, I am a cat person.

5. Levi Miah's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

There's something about 16mm American indie that exudes a familiar nostalgia for me even though I'm not from there. In these deep greens and hazy orange glows is possibly the finest pairing of woman (or man) and dog ever on screen. Contextualized within the rapid economic decline of 2008 - minimalist and realist - this subtley bleak slice-of-life shows the true heartache of living within modern capitalism.

6. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

7. Will Thede's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Scene after scene I felt a heavy, dark pit expand in my stomach. Michelle Williams' quiet resolve is enough to carry this simple plot to territory most films of a similar nature only dream of reaching.

8. KingBeard's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

It's amazing how she gets such honesty out of her actors. There's not a disingenuous moment in the whole movie. And it's a heartbreaker too.

9. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

10. Brian Gutierrez's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

The focus on the socioeconomic through the conflict of losing Lucy is a great way to view the perspective not usually seen on the American cinema landscape (not to me, at least). I really enjoyed the interactions that present Wendy's plight and the feeling of the water level always at chin level with the risk of going under being endlessly imminent.

11. Jeff Holland's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

a simple but beautiful story, bathed in pale colors and constantly cloaked in ambient noise (cars, construction, the ringing of cash registers, etc.) that could be said to represent the constant presence of capitalism that is holding Wendy back as she struggles to keep her loyal companion and obtain the resources she needs to start a new life.

12. David R Williams's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Really guys? I've got better things to do than waste my time watching some clueless Millennial stumble around looking for her dog for 80 minutes. Okay, yeah, sure its about more than that...only...no. It isn't.

13. Nick Potter's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Enchanting and truly heartbreaking little film dealing with a young drifter trying to find her way to Alaska with her dog and the series of things that go wrong. Michelle Williams, who certainly isn't a secret weapon in film any more, is remarkable in the lead role, beginning a wonderful working relationship with director Kelly Reichardt.

14. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

I really enjoyed this film, but I didn't want to just enjoy it. I wanted to walk away loving it. I thought that it was beautifully shot and that Michelle Williams was fantastic in it. And that's about it. After that I find it hard to find any other positives to list. I enjoyed the film, but found the narrative to be really lacking which in turn made Wendy and Lucy rather forgettable...

15. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

Amazing "road movie", touching and simple and full of outsiders characters, each one by it's own. Very nice.

16. Matt Payne's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

An escapist dream in a tailspin

17. Sean Brodeur's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

18. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

This is a slight film, so slight that the character of Wendy is impenetrable. We don't really get a sense of who she is and what is driving her North. If we did, the finale would have been more powerful. Oregon is nicely shot though....

19. kris's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

sweet little film, very relatable and honest.

20. 'king Harold's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

I feel a bit the same about this as I do Ken Loach films; a worthiness and I wonder where the art is, I definitely enjoyed the pacing, photography and performances, so maybe it's there. Think I'll watch another....

21. ronny's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

had major flashbacks to Agnès Varda's "Vagabond," except Wendy's pulling through a little bit better. story aside, this is clearly some masterful filmmaking, especially when it comes to tone and emotion.

22. andrew's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

A little too gentle and real

23. Ian Skinner's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

24. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Wendy and Lucy

A beautiful watch. And what a gorgeous dog. Very natural and real but also about acts of loving kindness. A strong soul, with the ability to self-soothe.