1. draftnymph's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

insufferable and heavy handed. right from the first scene it attempts to proclaim its Very Important / universalist status

2. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

3. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

One that is difficult to digest. It is obviously a great film but as much as I wanted to like it, i'd be lying if I claimed to love it. Perhaps next time.

4. letters never sent's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

muito bonito......................

10. vizija's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

11. kiptok's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

Nouvelle oeuvre superbe d'un des plus grands réalisateurs européens ! www.cinefiches.com

13. Lex Lucas's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

14. Marta Donati's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

If I could give this 5000 stars I would

15. Andrea Guglielmetti's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

16. Vincent Maël's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

in existenzielles Gedicht mit Sinn für Prophetie, eine Erfahrung über Vernichtung und Entsetzen, komprimiert in einer dissonanten Extase und doch fehlen deutliche Nuancen zum "Turiner Pferd" ("Satanstango" ist außer Konkurrenz). Woran "Die Ewigkeit und ein Tag" 1998 kläglich gescheitert ist, gelingt dem Ungarn bravous: Tarr ist Angelopoulos ohne dessen Schwulststil.

17. Khach Aloyan's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

18. ceknklsn's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

19. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

Feeling of despair is beautifully described but this film reveals more and a hope / nostalgia for creation, full of humanity and humility....wandering characters, isolated types, slowly moving and powerful black and white photography.

20. C҉ă҉t҉ă҉l҉i҉n҉'s rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

If Prince came to my small Soviet town, I'd riot too.

21. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

If long takes, apocalyptic imagery, post-Soviet allegory, and demented circuses are your thing—and let's face it, on this site, they probably are—you owe it to yourself to track down a copy. Like Tarr's Satantango, but more direct, it's about a Devil's Choice between order and chaos, here seen by a soulful young man who'd like to believe that enlightenment can trump violence, and harmony is the music of the spheres.

22. Hyperion_333's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

Really good except for the Coldplay soundtrack.

23. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

I suspect that a second viewing might lower my estimation-- it's all so grim as to imply parody. But it was mesmerizing in the theater.

24. madnuge's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies