1. vordven's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

4. Luiza Tavares's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

muito bonito......................

5. vizija's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

6. Cinema Paradiso's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

I see it as a film about how faith in God or humanity's capacity to feel amazed by the world's beauty and mystery has become faint in a world torn by nihilism, angst, a deep sense of meaninglessness and ultimately violence and destruction. Stunning.

7. Luca's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

since Werckmeister Harmonies is a deeply philosophically-focused movie, it requires cultured viewers (I'm particularly talking about Estzer's monologue about Werckmeister's theory of musical temperament). That's not a negative aspect, of course, it just makes it difficult to me to fully enjoy the movie. I found it really beautiful and fascinating though

8. kiptok's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

Nouvelle oeuvre superbe d'un des plus grands réalisateurs européens ! www.cinefiches.com

10. Lex Lucas's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

11. Murky's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

Werckmeister Harmonies and Satantango so far. I this one might even be better. Béla Tarr is quickly becoming a favourite of mine. Damnation next!

12. LAB ARBUTA's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

13. Marta Donati's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

If I could give this 5000 stars I would

14. Andrea Guglielmetti's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

15. Vincent Maël's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

in existenzielles Gedicht mit Sinn für Prophetie, eine Erfahrung über Vernichtung und Entsetzen, komprimiert in einer dissonanten Extase und doch fehlen deutliche Nuancen zum "Turiner Pferd" ("Satanstango" ist außer Konkurrenz). Woran "Die Ewigkeit und ein Tag" 1998 kläglich gescheitert ist, gelingt dem Ungarn bravous: Tarr ist Angelopoulos ohne dessen Schwulststil.

16. Khach Aloyan's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

17. ceknklsn's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

18. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

Feeling of despair is beautifully described but this film reveals more and a hope / nostalgia for creation, full of humanity and humility....wandering characters, isolated types, slowly moving and powerful black and white photography.

19. Cătălin, HiperCristalin's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

If Prince came to my small Soviet town, I'd riot too.

20. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

If long takes, apocalyptic imagery, post-Soviet allegory, and demented circuses are your thing—and let's face it, on this site, they probably are—you owe it to yourself to track down a copy. Like Tarr's Satantango, but more direct, it's about a Devil's Choice between order and chaos, here seen by a soulful young man who'd like to believe that enlightenment can trump violence, and harmony is the music of the spheres.

21. Hyperion_333's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

Really good except for the Coldplay soundtrack.

22. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies

I suspect that a second viewing might lower my estimation-- it's all so grim as to imply parody. But it was mesmerizing in the theater.

23. madnuge's rating of the film Werckmeister Harmonies