1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Surprising postmodern sequel that not only have fun with the franchise but is also a love letter to the fans with great homages to former entries. Wes Craven playing himself as a crazy old demented director is a masterstroke and getting Langenkamp back as she was the heart of the films is fantastic. This will always be the true ending for me and the next one "Freddy vs Jason" happened before this one.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Truffé de moult références à la série des "Freddy" et à quelques réalisations du metteur en scène, un film des plus intéressants... www.cinefiches.com

3. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

4. DenoResandono's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

NEW NIGHTMARE is a great meta-horror movie. I think it's inventive than previous movies in the franchise. It's nice to see the actors/actresses played as themselves. I liked Freddy Krueger's interpretation in this movie. He's more menacing and less-comical. Although, I must admit that NEW NIGHTMARE isn't as fun as the first one. The "earthquake" plot kinda annoying. But relax, NEW NIGHTMARE is still entertaining...

5. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

6. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

name a more meta movie than this

7. Severus Snape's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

8. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Wes Craven comes back to rejuvenate the franchise three years after the "death" of Freddy! Giving the fans a proper and fitting send off to Freddy. This film is basically tailor made for hardcore Elm Street fans. It some how manages to both pay homage to the series and at the same time completely subvert all expectations. This isn't just a great edition to the Elm Street franchise, it is also an amazing horror film!

9. teresa romã's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

10. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Excessively repetitive which makes it predictable, Wes Craven's New Nightmare still makes itself interesting with its meta setting that makes Freddy Kreuger's line between reality and fantasy that he crosses much more apparent in this film. But still two stars for the repetition, which makes up for too much of the movie.

11. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Wes Craven is a master of suspense and his truly impressive filmmaking skills gain strength through an intelligent narrative that values character development and big ideas. Also, and perhaps more culturally relevant, New Nightmare is a precursor for Scream and, really, anything meta there onwards.

12. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

A film inside a film, and inside another film (the first nightmare) and inside a manuscript (for these film). Craven create one of the most incredible and thoughtful creations in cinema with an intricate system of mirrors. Since "Into the mouth of madness", I never saw a mise en abyme so hallucinating.

13. Renton47's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

'New Nightmare' wants to convince us that it's a clever deconstruction of the impact of horror, but it never synthesises with true horror in the way that 'Scream' does. Should it even be considered an entry in this franchise? It's neither scary or funny, it's the worst of all things - boring. Meta done without subtlety, and I genuinely like the idea of narratives capturing nightmares.

14. Marco Pierrard's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

- Why are you calling me Nancy, John ? - Why are you calling me John ? Brillant meta end to the saga.

15. JackButcher's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Flips the series on it's head and makes the film break the fourth wall and reach into reality, a lot more abstract, but a welcome conclusion to the series.

16. Matthew Ross's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

I had feared it would be bad

17. Comadozer's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

A real attempt to cut a genre open and reassemble the organs. In terms of its "time out of joint" and unfolding dimension it is a precursor to Lynch's Mulholland Drive (another Californian world). The self as other.

18. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

19. Gutterbug's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

I just want to balance this movie in that although it is by no means bad, I just don't think it's as good as people say it is. The ending sequence is awesome, but that only comes after the majority of the movie revolving around the fact that Freddy is alive and why he is alive, which just doesn't involve that imaginative havoc I expect from a Nightmare on Elm Street movie. Still, a lot of good ideas with this one.

20. eoinandmairead's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

21. Dimi.'s rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

An utterly lucide and mind-boggling deconstruction of the concept on the perception of fictional reality. New Nightmare provokes that strange deluded line between the physcial world we intuitively experience and the dream landscape we fear and desire . It is one of the more decent chapters of the A Nightmare On Elmstreet series. Its nightmarish dimension and its flamboyant evil monster are an amusing sight to watch.

22. Ryan327's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

23. Bijoux Alexanderplatz's rating of the film Wes Craven's New Nightmare

This is, by far, my favorite movie sequel ever. There, I've said it.