1. Risya's rating of the film West of Memphis

One of infamous case that I can't get it out of my head. I had a nightmare once trying to imagine how the crime took place, and who did it. But this one feels heavily biased, its fked up bcz its either the truth and the law is amazingly flawed or we were wrong and we have undermined the justice for the little boys.

2. Nachtreich's rating of the film West of Memphis

3. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film West of Memphis

3.5 - Very nice piece to watch after Paradise Lost, and in parts, may actually be better than the trilogy.

4. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film West of Memphis

Great supplement to Paradise Lost. I'm not sure it can stand on its own but I'm just glad people won't let go.

5. Øyvind Rype's rating of the film West of Memphis

The case has been closely linked to Berlinger/Sinofsky and the first film is like the holy scripture of this case and cannot be surpassed in terms of film making. However, I feel viewes have regarded this movie as freeloading, but in my opinion I think this surpasses Purgatory in terms of summing up the case and shedding some new light on it and overall feeling more intimate.

6. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film West of Memphis

"West of Memphis" is dense and long, but thoroughly guides you to the fundamental circumstances of this harrowing murder case. Full review and rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/01/west-of-memphis-2012.html

7. msmichel's rating of the film West of Memphis

The 'Paradise Lost' trilogy by Berlinger/Sinofsky is essential viewing and a landmark in documentary filmmaking. Berg's film on the same subject matter following up to its so-called resolution suffers in comparison and lacks the intensity and warmness of the trilogy. Worthwhile in having a large canvas to illuminate those not familiar with the HBO work but gets lost in its celebrity angles and paid family testimony.

8. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film West of Memphis

I've seen all three Paradise Lost films and still thoroughly enjoyed this well crafted documentary. The story follows the case from the day of the crime until the final appeal and decision 18 years later. The editing and original soundtrack were done well and the celebrities that support the WM3 all speak their minds on camera. Watch this documentary to learn about mistakes that can be made within the justice system.

9. Norman1706's rating of the film West of Memphis

interesting but also disturbing...

10. Paul Pastoor's rating of the film West of Memphis

The filmmaking on display surpasses the Berlinger/Sinofsky documentaries. Amy Berg somehow presents details and angles of the case that weren't shown in the 3 previous documentaries. The biggest misfire is the use of the celebrities involved. It really takes away the humble human element of this tragedy. More attention is paid to Eddie Vedder than all 3 men behind bars combined.

11. Paulitics's rating of the film West of Memphis

Lacks the detail and compelling narrative of the "Paradise Lost" films and the inclusion of Eddie Vedder, Johnny Depp etc makes it feel cheap. Good account but i'd recommend the trilogy over this one.

12. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film West of Memphis

An overview of the infamous West Memphis Three case lays out the evidence for their innocence in a mostly streamlined way, although most of it has already been covered by Joe Berlinger's PARADISE LOST films. It may be a bit too long, but to its credit it spends less time with the three original suspects and more time on alternate theories as to who actually killed those three children, & other facts surrounding them.

13. Tom P's rating of the film West of Memphis

Honourably, Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh have devoted time and money towards overturning an injustice. However, I'm angry at the way they treated the Paradise Lost makers... http://www.craveonline.com/film/interviews/202341-our-work-is-done-joe-berlinger-on-paradise-lost-and-west-of-memphis

14. SALESK's rating of the film West of Memphis

compelling sermon for self-congratulatory middle class white people. but well constructed & hard to ignore. if you like that sorta thing, it's pretty great. worst sin is ignoring the unsolved murders @ the heart of it in favor of a "happy" ending & focuses too much on echols at the expense of the other fascinating characters.

15. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film West of Memphis

★★★ some nice sound and editing details don't hide the fact that it's an activist documentary. biased in the worst sense of the word.

16. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film West of Memphis

Activist reverse procedural. No "Into the Abyss".

17. Subterranean Cinema's rating of the film West of Memphis

The film certainly has it's moments, especially the segments about Terry Hobbs, who I believe is the real killer. But it spends far too much time on the relationship between Damien Echols and his girlfriend. I am glad that Damien has found his soulmate and is a free man, but it really has nothing to do with the injustices of this case. The "Paradise Lost" films are essential viewing, this is not.