1. Alex Pintică's rating of the film West Side Story

2. FISCHER's rating of the film West Side Story

Une œuvre considérée comme un des sommets de la comédie musicale, grâce aux talents conjugués de Leonard Bernstein et Jérôme Robbins et à la fraîcheur de Natalie Wood, parfaite Maria, face à l'insolente Rita Moreno, étonnante Anita... www.cinefiches.com

3. ammar's rating of the film West Side Story

4. anacecil's rating of the film West Side Story

Muy buen clásico musical !!! Muestra la discriminación a los Puerto Riqueños

5. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film West Side Story

I love musicals but I don't love this one. The only person who comes through at all is Rita Moreno.

6. Elle Johnston's rating of the film West Side Story

I'm a sucker for all musicals.

7. Polyglot's rating of the film West Side Story

8. poorlycurated's rating of the film West Side Story

brownface and boring gender sh*t

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film West Side Story

Bernstein's score and Robbins masterful choreography cover up any flaws this baby may have. Worth seeing for the "Cool" number and the opening alone. Everything else is just the cherry on top of the proverbial sundae. One of the best ever, and perhaps my fav musical, though I am very partial to Gene Kelly's work. This and Young Girls of Rochefort showed that the musical could still be fresh and innovative in the 60s

10. film's rating of the film West Side Story

A nice musical. But I thought it would have been better.

11. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film West Side Story

12. Gustavo Razera's rating of the film West Side Story

Spellbinding orchestration, kinetic cutting, lively singing and groundbreaking choreography would normally earn this a five-star rating; too bad about the woefully miscast, ungainly toothsome and painfully bland Richard Beymer, who is impossible to buy both as an ex-Jet and a compelling love interest.

13. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film West Side Story

14. msmichel's rating of the film West Side Story

Film adaptation of the popular Broadway musical resulted in ten Oscars and iconic status as a classic film musical. The Bernstein score, Sondheim lyrics, Robbins choreography and fairly strong casting let this one stand the test of time. Best in show cast wise would be Rita Moreno in her Oscar winning role.

15. jeanlice's rating of the film West Side Story

the colours, the romance, the drama, ...the COLOURS!

16. marina's rating of the film West Side Story

17. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film West Side Story

8/10, my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2014/04/29/westsidestory1961/

18. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film West Side Story

19. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film West Side Story

I don't have too much to say; it's been a while since I've seen this one. ^_^

20. mbaz's rating of the film West Side Story

This film is the bane of being named Maria.

21. El Biffo's rating of the film West Side Story

Is this that film where the dude is running through a Puerto Rican neighborhood at night screaming "Maria! Maria!", and ONE woman opens her window?

22. the.deft.one's rating of the film West Side Story

With it's brilliantly choreographed dance sequences and finger clicking score (spawning a handful of songs with staying power, little did I know) it's no wonder the Academy showered this modern retelling of Romeo and Juliet with Oscars. Colourful and unashamedly stagey, this is one classic that deserves it's reputation.

23. Bartolomé de las Casas's rating of the film West Side Story

don't bring your dancing shoes to a knife fight

24. Algitya's rating of the film West Side Story

This is where i craft my dream with.