1. xiaoyue's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

the striking compositions of tsai ming-liang's shots often isolate one moving component upon a canvas of stillness, or vice versa. the result is a lonely one, exacerbated by the emotional echo of loss, unrequited desire, aimlessness. we watch them as we so often watch people, wondering what goes on inside them, knowing we are privy to so little.

2. Henrique Barbosa Justini's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

a obsessão se torna você, agindo por impulsos que nem prazeres causam. não há escapatória do luto, do tempo, da alienação encarcerada que é seu corpo. as pessoas são como sombras estranhas que surgem e somem sem explicação.

3. lbunuel's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

Liang's first fully-fledged masterpiece. Pacing, framing and plot converge seamlessly into a disturbing account of alienation and despair sometimes redeemed by a glimpse of hope and poetry. This is not, as some people claim, "meditative" or "contemplative". This is heartfelt, powerful, violent in its uncompromising aesthetics.

4. O...'s rating of the film What Time Is it There?

El tedio hace posible la conciencia del tiempo metafísico. Al dar con el tiempo, la vida se vuelve una aburrida continuidad de hechos, un automatismo. Nos hacemos conscientes de los agujeros vacíos. Tsai y sus personajes, para "llenar" ese vacío, buscan el amor, que aquí se presenta como símbolo –un reloj y un ritual, o una fotografía–, como imagen –¿cine?–. Sincronizarnos, entonces, con el otro, trata de dar con...

5. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

6. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

7. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

Tsai Ming-Liang's film observes characters seeking relief and escape from their depressed and grieving states, conveying it through some fantastic framing. The result is a hypnotic and beautiful film.

8. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

9. El Biffo's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

Goodbye, Dragon Inn meets The 400 Blows.

10. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

their Instincts are pushing them to random directions .One of them looking for satisfaction from the spiritual side, one of them searching for emotional satisfaction, One of them looking for momentary satisfaction...

11. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

Для мене цей фільм став таким собі сплавом тиші, німого відчаю, самотності та краси.

12. Balthaz21's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

13. uenus's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

14. William R Clark's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

I feel a bit of exhaustion here, all the same, I have little evidence to back of any claims of inferiority. Each image is a stunning work of composition; it is as if the city were made to be seen in this particular manner, under this particular shade of blood orange. The 400 Blows scene quoted by T M-L so perfectly explains what he sees in other cinema that criticism feels unnecessary.

15. Hélène Musc's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

16. EYELASHMITE's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

lonesome and melancholy, my favourite. If you're able to sit through an extremely slow paced film.. you won't regret this one.

17. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

True story: I first saw it years before it became me ;_) ...for "the abyss gazes also into you." To my father and to all my loving; Tsai is film. Now go play Jean Constantin - Générique et Car de Police.

18. wintermelontea's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

ahhhh. i cried when the mum talked to the fish. everyone trying to grasp time in their own ways, wonderfully lonely and sad but there were also funny moments. moments that had potential for more but fall short. moments of dislocation and conversely, of synchronisation across different places.

19. daftnymph's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

loneliness and transient respites of connection - all backdropped against lurid reds and greens, yellows and blues

20. bieup's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

very pretty. very quaint.

21. lina maj's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

Perfect pace and the homage to Jean-Pierre Leaud is just unbelievable.

22. EdieEmm's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

Synchronicity: as a beautiful phenomenon made up by beautiful minds in a lonely world; or maybe a desperate mechanism - desperate minds, desperate world. But what is it, then, when our fabricated synchronicities, with all their beauty and loneliness and desperation, just happen to coincide? Why that, that's a Tsai Ming-Liang film. Gorgeous and immersive as always. And my god that fish! Way to break my heart, Tsai...

23. sabbi irimiás esaú alzate botero's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

bad night to see this/must revisit in one sitting

24. Mellow Dude's rating of the film What Time Is it There?

For me, the star of this film is that white fish. That dude should have won an award for best, compelling actor.