1. thomisdead's rating of the film When I Was Alive

It's boring and it fails in it's purpose and it's painful to watch.

2. Henrique Amud's rating of the film When I Was Alive

I'd give it 2.5 stars. Not bad at all, just a little bland. The build up and the eerie tone were perfect and there are a few interesting ideas here and there, but it felt like it came and went for the sake of it and I kept waiting for a bigger catharsis/twist/whartever that never came. To be fair, this is one of the few brazilian psychological horror movies that's not laughably bad, so kudos to that, really.

3. Rafael Zen's rating of the film When I Was Alive

Although I love the idea of the masks and don't really mind the irregular acting, my problem with this one is that it is so bland. A nice try on brazilian horror, but we still have miles to go.

4. henriqueromoff's rating of the film When I Was Alive

A somber but muddled critique of the disconnect between the delusions of Brazilian middle class with its lingering patriarchalism and the reality of poverty. Dutra utilizes genre (and more than a few bold visual references to The Shining) to enhance the claustrophobic pyschosexual family drama. Effective visual storytelling with images drawn from Brazilian urban legends, but weighed down by an unfinished script.