1. Amandenberg's rating of the film When Jews Were Funny

Not great, but the interviewees were all fantastic!!!

2. N!nA's rating of the film When Jews Were Funny

Director's own anxieties cause distraction but still I enjoyed watching it. One of the guys says:" Jews always bring back to it…We are so loud…we are self-obsessed…look at you, you brought a camera crew to discuss your Judaism…What Christian in the world is running around with a camera crew “talk to me about being Christian” … no one cares!”

3. mjgildea's rating of the film When Jews Were Funny

A fun if not befuddled and disjointed documentary. I love Jewish humor so I was in my element and the interviews were great. I felt like a lot of the greats were passed over but it was a fun watch nonetheless. Lots of great archival footage, too.

4. msmichel's rating of the film When Jews Were Funny

Alan Zweig after several memorable documentaries including 'I, Curmudgeon' and 'Vinyl' has spun his best self reflective work yet. 'When Jews Were Funny' looks for a lost Jewishness in the filmmaker's recollection of humour and in the younger mostly assimilated Jewish comedians of today. A score of talent is interviewed who are as unsure of the filmmaker's purpose as he is...and yes that's a compliment. Great.