1. adityosh's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

I told you, Ghibli's have a magical movie to make us love all their movie!

2. Marina C.'s rating of the film When Marnie Was There

Can't help but to think something's a little bit broken inside with this film. I related so much to Anna's feelings of anger, abandonment and detatchment and yet something in this film didn't feel quite as magical. Despite knowing now that it wasn't really a farewell, there is a bittersweetness at the end. And what a twist, what queerbaiting too. I'd get excited about the girls weren't for the eerie feeling I had.

3. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

4. RianWidagdo's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

Judul : 4/5 Poster : 3/5 Pembuka : 4/5 Cerita : 5/5 Animasi : 5/5 Sinematografi : 5/5 Penutup : 5/5 Soundtrack : 4/5 Rekomendasi : 5/5 Total : 4/5

5. sofiazelaya's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

6. Maar's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

and a half. very enjoyable.

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

8. Skinnedteen's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

Studio Ghibli's painful goodbye...

9. Ale/M's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

10. smndvdcl's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

Ghibli in cruise control - an archetypal blend of domestic normality, rites-of-passage pre-adolescence and the foreshadowing of magical realms. Whilst films like 'Porco Rosso' and 'Princess Mononoke' appeal to an older demographic, 'While Marnie Was There' consolidates the studio back to its family-friendly filmmaking roots.

11. Лиич's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

12. Dan.R's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

Perfect. Beautiful. Dreamy. Escapism

13. jbizarro's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

14. emanuela's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

15. bryanvmh's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

I like the idea of compressed time, of overlapping histories traced back not only biologically but spiritually, feeling the ramifications of a "put together" family in a broken one. Also, reliably very pretty.

16. Tibulle85's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

(Vu en blu-ray) Le tout dernier film du studio Ghibli alors encore en activité. Ce film a quelques défauts (quelques baisses de rythme notamment; une héroïne principale un peu fade) mais aussi d'énormes qualités: 1/ c'est un film qui parvient (enfin!) à se détacher du modèle miyazakien 2/ la fin mélo-dramatique est terriblement touchante et efficace (sur moi en tout cas) 3/ les décors sont juste magnifiques!!!

17. Mariana Narciso's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

18. auloel's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

Dear Anna-chan. I'm sorry for judging you (a delusional judgemental-holier-than-thou lesbian who fall in love with ghost) before. GOSH! THIS FILM IS SO GOOD YOU MUST WATCH THIS PEOPLE~

19. Sprungler's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

This is my first Yonebayashi film and I have to admit that it was amazing! Although I have seen it dubbed in cinema, I do not regret a thing, I loved it. I cried, I was frightened and I lived together with Ana, even though I am a 22 year old white european man. What an astounding work from Studio Ghibli!

20. Kevin Costner's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

21. taianaburlamaqui@hotmail.com's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

22. Rocketeam's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

Ghibli making all the adults cry, again.

23. José Neves's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

The best is a kind of ghostly Gothic-Romanesque which even recalls some of classic Hollywood films - The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Rebecca, Portrait of Jennie, etc. etc. -, properly crossed with Freudian notes. The worst is a technically perfect animation but artistically disinvested of a bolder formal search, being more like a peaceful watercolor. It is a beautiful film that only occasionally reaches the unconscious.

24. Renton47's rating of the film When Marnie Was There

"Every love story is a ghost story" said David Foster Wallace, and that's never been truer than here (well and maybe the film 'Ghost'). An oddly dark and melancholic look at alienation, depression, most definitely sexuality...Marnie doesn't always succeed at coalescing its mystical and emotional plots, but the sincerity is winning anyhow. Partially betrays its queer subplot, an affecting depiction of friendship.

← Previous 1 3 4