1. Bob's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

Instead of using a child innocence confronted with casualties of war, it uses the innocence of simple minded middle-aged couple whose everyday routine is distorted in a horrifying series of events. It fails to reach the heights, or better say, the abyss of "Grave of Fireflies". But, through its dialogue driven plot, it manages to say more about humanity with few simple words, than any speech probably could.

2. Matthew Martens's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

Quietly, Englishly, unassumingly descends (then precipitously collapses) from a cozy idyll of country claustrophilia to a nightmare scenario marked by mounting bewilderment, radiation sickness, and the abrupt withdrawal of every support for a "normal" life. When the Wind Blows reminds us of the limits of keeping calm and carrying on, but also of the blessings of a cup of tea with your soul mate, delirium be damned.

3. Adam Whybray's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

3.5 stars. So much of the power of the film for me comes from seeing Briggs' soft watercoloured amicability, which I knew so intimately in my childhood, being twisted ironically for deadly serious ends - this means that I find it hard to assess the film's artistic virtues on its own merits, but it certainly left me shaken, which is what a film about nuclear war should do. First as tragedy, then as farce.

4. rksw's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

depressing kyk grave of the fireflies

5. Renton47's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

Some interesting visual techniques make up for what is now fairly outdated animation. It's hard for someone of my generation to feel the once pervasive fear of nuclear threat - I guess environmental catastrophe is our equivalent. This feels like cold war propaganda, interesting for its low opinion of the state, yet I found it more draining to spend 80 minutes with this couple as my companions.

6. Bernardo_Rodrigues's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

7. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

Claustrophobically bleak. Killer soundwork. Sure, its depressive quality is evident at every turn, the intent is obvious but... I just cannot ignore the aftertaste left by the film. ... reminds me of Disney's 50's post-apocalyptic aesthetic (see "The Spirit of '43" and "Mickey and the Beanstalk") -||| Monstra Lisboa 2016

8. anesthesia romanova's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

Anyone who thinks Up is OMG THE SADDEST MOVIE EVER hasn't seen When the Wind Blows.

9. Henrique Amud's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

10. Daniel Roque's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

As naive as disturbing, the emotional side of the nuclear war.

11. João Rocha's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

Love care and memories can't resist to the side effects of a nuclear war.

12. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

13. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

Has a great pace. I can summarize it into 3 words: stupid old people.

14. Katerina's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

ROGER WATERS. when you are 7 this shit is scary.

15. D I A N A's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

16. bartkl's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

I enjoyed the authentic, sort of 'two-faced' style in this film, combining real footage with animation. The theme is unique and original, and once the movie gets going it really touched me. I did have some annoyances with some of the over the top 'staying in character' acting of the two protagonists, but at the same time it defined contrast with the situation which makes the movie work. A job very well done.

17. pojhan's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

it is something that will haunt you forever

18. xrystyna's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

anarxoaplytos, when you're 31 it contunies to be quite scary.

19. Alvaro's rating of the film When the Wind Blows

A touching tale of love, habits and the bomb. Of cruelty and tenderness alike. Naive, hopeful and raw. Among the best war tales I've seen.