1. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

Pedro Costa's film on Straub-Huillet might be the best film I have seen on the subject of filmmaking!

2. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

3. AndreTenente's rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

5. João Eça's rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

6. Stevie's rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

Costa's portrait of Straub and Huillet is actually surprisingly intimate and touching as he records them during a re-edit of their wonderful film, Sicilia! The duo are predictably meticulous during the editing session and it's fascinating to watch the artists craft their work into the perfection they require. Costa has gradually become my favourite filmmaker working today.

7. Silvia Bombardini's rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

lasting patience is necessarily charged with tenderness and violence.

8. João Gou's rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

Cinema sobre o cinema. Metacinema.

9. Pedro Miguel's rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

Watching the process of Huillet and Straub edit the third version of their film SICILIA ended up being even more fascinating than the actual SICILIA. Without even trying too hard this film has so much humanity.

10. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

11. Joao Pedro Amorim's rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

"le génie n'est qu'une longue patience"

12. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

There is a wonderful moment in this film in which Huillet tells Straub that the difference between them in cutting is a single frame. Based on my experience collaborating with my girlfriend, I can say Huillet is absolutely right.

13. Aaron G.'s rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

Costa said that this is the greatest love story in film other than City Lights. I think he might be right.

14. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

Straub: Blahblahblahblahblah. Huillet: Shut up.

15. chanandre's rating of the film Where Does Your Hidden Smile Lie?

[Cinémathèque PT #448: 35 mm] (2007)