1. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

Where Is My Friend's House? was just sort of meant as a little didactic film for Iranian children in the 80s, but it's so much more. There's a juxtaposition within the film between the straightforward, "realistic" (for lack of a better word) setting/plot and the the poetry/magical realism of how Kiarostami tells the story. Reminded me a lot of Satyajit Ray's Pather Panchali (1955), which has a similar effect.

2. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

3. Renton47's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

Here we see a short-hand for moral complicity so shattering in its effectiveness that it shows how little is required of cinema. A commitment to faces, the simplest of premises. So many truths herein about the specifics and universal, the way that a very human conflict is used to comment on a changing Iran. So thankful to Kiarostami for allowing us to access this space so foreign geographically but not spiritually

4. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

5. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

The best film in the trilogy but not as good as the trilogy as a whole.

6. William R Clark's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

Kiarostami in the more neo-realist mode, which, in his early career cast a shadow of anti-pedagogy over that genre's pedagogical trappings. What drives the film is an urge to do good - with children, the act of doing good is less virtuous than you'd think, and he brings confusion out of his actor's faces. Farhad Saba's frames are breathtaking, even when showing immersion into a child's world of half-thought commands.

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

2017 LA CINETEK CHEF D'OEUVRE !

8. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

Oh I need to get my ideas straight with this film. There's so much to discuss here.

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

Film fort prometteur d'un cinéastes iranien aux prolifiques courts métrages... www.cinefiches.com

10. grassybrownie's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

watched it right after my 3 week trip to Iran. the movie is purely as beautiful and breathtaking as Iran.

11. ShawnD's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

There aren't words to describe how delightful this film is. The opening scene where our hero, obedient and honorable, discovers he's mistakenly taken his classmate's notebook, is among the most memorable that I've come across. His journey lags a bit, but his face and his purpose are unforgettable, as is the final scene.

12. Joel's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

A classic in Iranian cinema, quietly takes apart the cynicism of our assumptions and put's the goodness of a child subtly on display. Simple stories can have the deepest impact.

13. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

the face of empathy and the perfect final shot

14. Setya Rahmah's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

Meninspirasi tanpa mengkasihani. That's point.

15. dino dancer's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

16. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

Heartwarming performances from the children (non actors) in this simple story. An engrossing celebration of childhood. A few years after filming , this village was destroyed in an earthquake.

17. xuxuxush's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

A simple and magnificent work made with so much palpable love. I especially loved those scenes of the boy moving through the village in darkness.

18. Kaj's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

Kiarostami understands the human heart.

19. noncivez's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

20. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

Memang benar kata Kurosawa, kalau Kiarostami itu penerus Satyajit Ray...

21. raghumenonj's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

A seemingly simple story about a child's attempt to return his friend's notebook thinly conceals an underlying meditation on duty, morality, culture and lost innocence. In a pastoral village, the lives of children and adults remain largely aloof and distant. just like old Persia and new Iran. Iron doors that last a lifetime is the new trend, but surely there must be a place for carpenters in Koker.

22. lukfwn's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

Movie where all parents should watch

23. Sara Castro's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

24. HSBilly's rating of the film Where Is the Friend's Home?

a beautiful little journey of loyalty and friendship. even in the end, its swapped again, smile-maker. and the flower in the book gives my heart warmed