1. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

Honnête réflexion sur deux mondes parfaitement antinomiques, à connotation écologique, qui manque pourtant de percutant et de véracité... www.cinefiches.com

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

.2016 FILMS DOCUMENTAIRES ---------------------------------------- 2017 MUBi

4. ronny's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

a little rough around the edges, but still a solid showing. seemed as tangible and arresting as some environmental documentaries i've watched recently.

5. Feng Ling's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

It is easy to ignore how explosive my way of life is. Just as for them to misunderstand our suffocating level of (many times premature) optimizations. Despite many efforts to distinguish "evidence" from "hearsay," everybody's hope and livelihood had to & has to rely on a thin string of belief. We find meaning and feeling in life that seems to root in truth but really is no different from figment of our imaginations.

6. Landen Celano's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

This is the perfect example of why I love the type of stories Herzog chooses to tell. Fringe stories. Skewed nonfiction. Documented unreality.

7. Loz Loory's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

Not an easy film to analyze. For colonial cultures, natural resources exist to be monetized. For indigenous cultures, natural resources exist to be lived with harmoniously. The destruction of native languages and teachings means the ability to read weather and other natural phenomena (ex. via the green ants) is lost. Beautiful apocalyptic footage of tornadoes at beginning and end.

8. David R Williams's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

The plight of "The Mute" tells you everything you need to know about the plight of the Aboriginal peoples. Deeply moving.

9. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

(4.5) A hidden gem from Herzog, and I personally have enjoyed as one of his better narrative films. He puts all of his documentary experience and visual eye to use here and tells a delightfully solemn and mystical tale. This should be put up as one of Herzog's best. It's plain and simple and elegantly shot.

10. ROBERT DAVIS's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

I usually like Herzog film, but "WhereThe Green Ants Dream" I did not care for the film. I either have to care about the subject matter, the characters or the storyline. I did not care about any of the three, at the end of the film, I did not care that there was no resolution, one way or the other. The film just ended and that was that.

11. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

12. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

A careful and respectful approach to an ancient culture and its clash with modern Western civilization. Herzog has no answers and keeps distance, he doesn't pretend to understand the otherness or the feelings of the aborigines. So he uses precisely selected citations from classical music to create an associative emotional commentary.

13. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

This film is fairly notorious in our family, because our Dad took us to see it when it first came out. He loved weird movies, but none of us kids could make heads or tails of it. So we'll never forget this movie even if we don't know what it was about.

14. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

An interesting aside for Herzog—you can sense him adjusting uneasily to English, and a lot of this would feel more at home in one of his documentaries. But just when you think you're in for a by-the-numbers PSA, he throws in strange, fascinating wrinkles about how human belief systems, western or indigenous, handle uncertainty with blind acceptance. And he gives his blank-slate hero a fine speech near the end.

15. Alex Mitici's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

uită-te cum zi dă zi avioane limuzine

16. Zach Closs's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

More agency is attributed to non-white characters than one might've expected for 1984, but "Green Ants" still ascribes plenty of otherness to its subjects and wallows in self-deprecating white guilt. Herzog, who 'invented' the native characters and situations for the film, strays a little too close to reality if telling a good story was his only intention. Aesthetically gorgeous and zany as you'd expect from Werner.

17. anarresti's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

We have to remember that Herzog has said that he does not understand irony. "For me a chair is a chair. A man is a man". This is a beautiful film, in the marvelous way it presents the clash of cultures. And the humour is up to us. Our own culture is free to interpret, to fill in the voids and laugh where it sees ridicule. And laugh of both sides. Culture needs a place. The most important part of the tile is "Where".

18. nejurgi's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

that beautiful imaginary scene at the dinner table and the one at the court, made this film for me

19. El Biffo's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

This film is really great, and has a lot of great moments, but totally falls apart with the epic failure courtroom scene at the end. The Aborigines and their mythology are compelling (actually, the myth about green ants' dreams is a hodgepodge of Aboriginal myths, not exactly an authentic myth, but similar).

20. benvanloon's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream

Not Herzog's best, but still excellent.

21. Hack's rating of the film Where the Green Ants Dream