1. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

"Here it is harder to love than to fight."

2. ysbil's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

Reality meets the surreal in this film, many scenes are really comic, they make us laugh, however it is a bitter comedy considering the political situation depicted. The film never gives up hope, even in the most desperate circumstances, like for example the poetic and eloquent closing scene, it doesn't need much to open up the horizon of the Kurd people.

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

I am humbled by this film's beauty, humanity, sweetness, sorrow, grace... by its poetry... An extraordinary debut. Understated and indelible.

4. panagiotatos's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

The director's pure poetic vision will shock you! Exceptional and moving rhapsody about the Kurdish genocide. A must see!

5. between7skies's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

An elegiac film of supreme poetry and beauty, about the stoic suffering of the kurdish people during the Iraqi wars, seen through the eyes of a messenger. Some images take your breath away.

6. Seruni Putri Soewondo's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

Wow...beautiful, surreal, chilling. Some of the scenes will stay with me for a while. Thank you for this, MUBI.

7. .fsilva.'s rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

8. Jaxon Fitzsimmons's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

See, this is exactly why I come to Mubi for my movies, not only do they show profoundly poetic films like this one, but the reviews/ratings actually reflect the quality of the film. Go on to IMDB and it's only rated 7.1... seriously?!?!?

9. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

The most beautiful poetic film i have seen. Not the surreal type of poetry but one grounded in realism.

10. Graceful Photon's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

A chilling and melancholic depiction of Kurdish life in 1980s Iraq. Amongst grief and loss tiny moments of beauty must be eked out and shared.

11. captainfez's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

The ruined world on a tape.

12. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

STUNNING! & seriously tho this is one of the greats

13. lou.'s rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

I'm so in love with it! This story is unexpectedly beautiful, deeply poetic and so well directed. An old man wandering all across Iraq's villages with his radio to deliver recorded messages of love, resistance and hope. It's an incredible, deeply touching, enchanting road trip. The end is just perfect, a veritable hymn to life. Great moments of images poetry. Alidi, please, give me more! Lacan would've said: encore.

14. nica's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

An amazing film about resistance framed through a version of a road trip. Shahram Alidi and his DoP Turaj Aslani have an exquisite gift for imagery, making me gasp and stare in awe several times throughout the film. The moments of humor were exquisite, and I couldn't have conceived of a more perfect ending to this film. This was such a great reminder of why film matters, and why I am utterly in love with it.

15. msmichel's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

Alidi's debut though made on what seems a very limited budget is able to transcend those limitations and capture the determination, melancholy and survival of the Kurdish people during the Iran/Iraq war. The power of a simple message; a piece of music; a baby's cry, is evident in the soulful reminder of why they survive.

16. findfilm's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

We follow the adventures of a dedicated courier who's travels tell the sad story of the hard life for the Kurdish people eking out an existence while under constant harassment and attack from Saddam's forces. While technically flawed the film is a stunning insight to the harshness of life for the Kurdish people. It's not all doom and gloom as our hero partakes in music and prayer on his journeys. Essential viewing.

17. JMDLA's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

18. Kévin Berny's rating of the film Whisper with the Wind

Ce film est incroyablement poétique...