1. Cherry's rating of the film Whistle Down the Wind

I saw this seven years ago so not very fresh

2. Balthaz21's rating of the film Whistle Down the Wind

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Whistle Down the Wind

7.9/10, my review: Whistle Down the Wind

4. redux's rating of the film Whistle Down the Wind

Nothing short of brilliant. Should be considered a classic.

5. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Whistle Down the Wind

"Before E.T., there was Jesus: The Extra Judastrial. We give you Jon Voight as Hayley Mills!" Malcolm Arnold's score is the best thing about that little British novel adaptation. (writer is also Hayley's mother, what a family!)

6. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Whistle Down the Wind

"...and they gave him away / like in 'Whistle Down the Wind' / and by the look on his face / he never cared..."

7. Laura De Noves's rating of the film Whistle Down the Wind

Oddly compelling with wonderful performances from the child actors; especially the three lead children, who capture the tone of innocence teetering on the brink of realization, clinging to belief before 'reality' takes over. The lost English landscape of early 60s Lancashire makes for a fascinating setting.

8. Martin Wilson's rating of the film Whistle Down the Wind

Key story elements - finding the fugitive in the barn, fascination with a powerful but gentle being etc - must have influenced THE SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE. In its own more straightforward way, Forbes' film is just as wonderful. As Pauline Kael observed - what an unsentimental collection of children appear along the way. And never forget - "It isn't Jesus...it's just a fella."

9. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Whistle Down the Wind

Very interesting film with children as main characters. Third Bryan Forbes film I see in a row and I still don't understand why this director is not better known. Recommended.