1. Sofia's rating of the film White Dog

An insightful movie about racism and animal abuse!

2. Renton47's rating of the film White Dog

White Dog is a decent genre Creature flick that happens to have epic subtext - no less important than how we should deal with a (conditioned) racist. The central suspense of this question is thrilling, even if we then forgive the attack scenes borrowed from a more literal horror film. The joy is in the anarchic details of Fuller's world, odd actors, characters and specifics in a potent social film.

3. Ethan's rating of the film White Dog

This film is a lot deeper than the racist version of Cujo it was labeled as. Sam Fuller brilliantly shows the lengths people will go to spread their hatred, even training innocent dogs to hate what they don't even know. It's a horror film that is sadly a reality.

4. T.h. Marvelsteins's rating of the film White Dog

I found this film breathtakingly hard hitting and at times I wept whilst watching its gut wrenching portrayal of white people's most ugly of crimes. Totally unforgettable with a strange and painful to watch tragic sorrow. The insanity of it all, the cruelty, the waste, the 'banality of evil'. The Morricone score gives the film shards of heart breaking beauty. An uncanny and compelling masterpiece.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film White Dog

Une oeuvre excellente, d'une remarquable intensité / véracité émotionnelles... www.cinefiches.com

6. -REM-'s rating of the film White Dog

7. Louis Léonard's rating of the film White Dog

8. DrFirestone's rating of the film White Dog

Interesting take on racism, unfortunately it seems like there's not enough material here for 90 mins, it probably would be much more powerful and focused as a short film without all the fillers. Strong music by Ennio Morricone. Ironically the dog happens to be the best actor in this film ;)

9. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film White Dog

10. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film White Dog

I can only say I love this film

11. raggiodisole's rating of the film White Dog

Curing a dog of racism? Lordy. A weak, weak film. Didn't go anywhere, just stood there saying good dog, bad dog, then acts all disappointed when it doesn't play ball

12. tube_screamer's rating of the film White Dog

Decent enough B-Movie with some good animal acting.

13. Lilliom's rating of the film White Dog

14. sizelando's rating of the film White Dog

15. Joseph Howe's rating of the film White Dog

I really don't know what to think of this one. A really interesting (and actually slightly depressing) thesis about the way that racism is created and sustained in America.

16. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film White Dog

You can't help but admire the strange B-Movie style of subversion that Fuller trades in. White Dog has that unmistakable gloss of 80s big hair/leg warmer, but delves into issues much darker and relevant. Using a pet dog to embody racial hate is bizarre but cleverly shows the deep rooted race issues at work in modern society. Deceptively biting social commentary once again from the cult of Sam Fuller.

17. SiIencio's rating of the film White Dog

Anti-racist 80s plonk with an eye-catching initial premise and a subtext on reinsertion. But it hardly maintains any drama and does not seem to go anywhere apart from the bloody obvious which is tedious anyway. The script is awfully weak, the acting is poor and I am taking no prisoners, even the dog is a miscast. Ketchup does not work miracles. The ending is nonsensical and anti-climatic.

18. kris's rating of the film White Dog

dated and not for everyone, but i found it more interesting than most K9 movies. Its like the littlest hobo but with aggression and racism.

19. Mark Commode's rating of the film White Dog

becomes very unbelievable very good acting by the rascist dog tho

20. nickolia's rating of the film White Dog

reasonably dreadful. whoever did the dog's make-up wasn't a genius.

21. Natty's rating of the film White Dog

OMD. An excellent film but has kind of unhinged my Saturday afternoon. If only every White Dog had just turned on their s.o.b trainer.

22. kubrickhallway's rating of the film White Dog

If you read the synopsis of the movie, it’s laughable. When you finish watching it, you’ll realize Sam Fuller could’ve made a film about a toilet and it would’ve been a great one.

23. the_mentaculus's rating of the film White Dog

A great concept elevated by Fuller's B-movie insanity and the main tragic figure: a dog that might as well have been directed like a human. I have never seen a film that had such a believable animal actor.

24. Aardsy's rating of the film White Dog