1. ejonline's rating of the film White Dog

This was one of those movies that took me a long time to see because it was out of circulation due to the controversy around it. In these situations, finally seeing the film can be a bit of a let down, and in this case it was for me. I think the central metaphor works and the plot is fine, and I don't understand how people misread it so. However, it looked and felt like a tv movie, which lessened the impact for me.

2. pirri's rating of the film White Dog

3. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film White Dog

A black man tries to train a white dog who was bred to kill African Americans into loving. Fits the blaxploitation genre but takes it further by going deeper into what racial hatred means and does it respectably.

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film White Dog

3-3.5. Starts off with an off-balance between the ethereal atmosphere and comic pulp, before really locking into its premise. Suddenly there's context to the artistic flourishes sprinkled through the first act, and the movie becomes an engrossing race parable. There are so many great shot and motion choices, but special mention goes to the constant framing behind bars, cages, and fences. Really surprised me.

5. lívia's rating of the film White Dog

ONE. OF. MY. FAVORITES. simply amazing.

6. Sofia's rating of the film White Dog

An insightful movie about racism and animal abuse!

7. Renton47's rating of the film White Dog

White Dog is a decent genre Creature flick that happens to have epic subtext - no less important than how we should deal with a (conditioned) racist. The central suspense of this question is thrilling, even if we then forgive the attack scenes borrowed from a more literal horror film. The joy is in the anarchic details of Fuller's world, odd actors, characters and specifics in a potent social film.

8. Ethan's rating of the film White Dog

This film is a lot deeper than the racist version of Cujo it was labeled as. Sam Fuller brilliantly shows the lengths people will go to spread their hatred, even training innocent dogs to hate what they don't even know. It's a horror film that is sadly a reality.

9. T.h. Marvelsteins's rating of the film White Dog

I found this film breathtakingly hard hitting and at times I wept whilst watching its gut wrenching portrayal of white people's most ugly of crimes. Totally unforgettable with a strange and painful to watch tragic sorrow. The insanity of it all, the cruelty, the waste, the 'banality of evil'. The Morricone score gives the film shards of heart breaking beauty. An uncanny and compelling masterpiece.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film White Dog

Une oeuvre excellente, d'une remarquable intensité / véracité émotionnelles... www.cinefiches.com

11. -REM-'s rating of the film White Dog

12. Louis Léonard's rating of the film White Dog

13. DrFirestone's rating of the film White Dog

Interesting take on racism, unfortunately it seems like there's not enough material here for 90 mins, it probably would be much more powerful and focused as a short film without all the fillers. Strong music by Ennio Morricone. Ironically the dog happens to be the best actor in this film ;)

14. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film White Dog

15. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film White Dog

I can only say I love this film

16. raggiodisole's rating of the film White Dog

Curing a dog of racism? Lordy. A weak, weak film. Didn't go anywhere, just stood there saying good dog, bad dog, then acts all disappointed when it doesn't play ball

17. tube_screamer's rating of the film White Dog

Decent enough B-Movie with some good animal acting.

18. Lilliom's rating of the film White Dog

19. sizelando's rating of the film White Dog

20. Joseph Howe's rating of the film White Dog

I really don't know what to think of this one. A really interesting (and actually slightly depressing) thesis about the way that racism is created and sustained in America.

21. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film White Dog

You can't help but admire the strange B-Movie style of subversion that Fuller trades in. White Dog has that unmistakable gloss of 80s big hair/leg warmer, but delves into issues much darker and relevant. Using a pet dog to embody racial hate is bizarre but cleverly shows the deep rooted race issues at work in modern society. Deceptively biting social commentary once again from the cult of Sam Fuller.

22. SiIencio's rating of the film White Dog

Anti-racist 80s plonk with an eye-catching initial premise and a subtext on reinsertion. But it hardly maintains any drama and does not seem to go anywhere apart from the bloody obvious which is tedious anyway. The script is awfully weak, the acting is poor and I am taking no prisoners, even the dog is a miscast. Ketchup does not work miracles. The ending is nonsensical and anti-climatic.

23. kris's rating of the film White Dog

dated and not for everyone, but i found it more interesting than most K9 movies. Its like the littlest hobo but with aggression and racism.

24. Mark Commode's rating of the film White Dog

becomes very unbelievable very good acting by the rascist dog tho