1. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film White Heat

2. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film White Heat

3. porcelain.hat's rating of the film White Heat

idk... if I were watching this in 1949 I would've thought that ending an apolitical gangster movie with Hiroshima imagery was in terrible taste... it's in terrible taste now too... "I'm on top of the world Ma" my a**

4. FISCHER's rating of the film White Heat

Film d'une extrême solidité quant à son habile scénario et sa constante richesse dans les scènes d'action. Une composition phénoménale de James Cagney en gangster névropathe, amoureux de sa petite maman et mégalomane violent... www.cinefiches.com

5. BRÄTwurst's rating of the film White Heat

"Made it, Ma! Top of the world!"

6. Ethan's rating of the film White Heat

This is the performance of James Cagney's career. He is at his psychotic best in this film and this is one of the best gangster films ever made. Far superior to Scarface.

7. Aardsy's rating of the film White Heat

Sheesh, it's a like a guy can't love his mother.

8. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film White Heat

Sometimes you make plans. Sometimes they don t work out. And you got to get doing. (James Cagney in "White Heat" ). https://www.facebook.com/zyx.mhclaes/media_set?set=a.674600672596079.1073741864.100001384583310&type=3

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film White Heat

Cagney was never better than here, well, perhaps in Yankee Doodle Dandy, but in terms of just sheer gravitas and bravado, this film is everything I wanted Public Enemy to be but wasnt.

10. msmichel's rating of the film White Heat

An iconic turn by James Cagney ('top of the world ma') makes up for a pretty creaky plot besides its overt Oedipal undertone. Cagney plays a distrustful brute of a criminal taken in by an undercover operative who is to bring the crook and his fence to justice. Overlong but mostly entertaining with good supporting turns by Virginia Mayo, Margaret Wycherly and Edmond O'Brien.

11. ryan birch's rating of the film White Heat

Cagney was a beast. And that ending.

12. Duarte Lima's rating of the film White Heat

13. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film White Heat

This movie's urgency comes from the fact that no one is on the same page for more than a few minutes at a time and even the plans that seem feasible are undone by virtue of being composed by people who are untrustworthy, bloodthirsty d-bags. I don't know many old crime movies that are this manically paced; I'm glad I took the chance on this one.

14. emichan's rating of the film White Heat

Even a chaotic evil gangster like Cody Jarrett loves his mother.

15. MS1915's rating of the film White Heat

One of my all time favorites. Cagney was extraordinary playing the part of a gangster (a role he coincides with well) and he executed it miraculously.

16. film_lies101's rating of the film White Heat

17. Cosi's rating of the film White Heat

18. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film White Heat

The police department training manual, almost.

19. MarcH's rating of the film White Heat

Love Cagney's terrifying, Oedipal gangster, and his growing bromance with agent Edmond O'Brien. One of the highlights of the Warner Bros gangster output.

20. Dave's rating of the film White Heat

Cody Jarrett may very well be Cagney's most memorable. It is a character that sticks with you long after the film has ended. There were certainly evil characters before, but none seem to revel in the sadism as Cody does. Absolute classic film.

21. willmckinley's rating of the film White Heat

Raoul Walsh's WHITE HEAT (1949) is a transformational film in the gangster movie genre. Cagney's Cody Jarrett isn't just motivated by greed, he's a mentally ill sadist who kills for fun. The film falls almost exactly between PUBLIC ENEMY (1931) and BONNIE AND CLYDE (1967), and it marks an evolution point for the genre, w/ frank depictions of violence, complex characters & extensive location photography. (9/22/11 TCM)

22. Arcanus's rating of the film White Heat

I LOVE the ending when Jimmy C takes the big dive to doom.

23. HeadGEAR's rating of the film White Heat

Cagney's magnetic and improvisational performance, in a great gangster movie from the director of High Sierra.

24. Umberto L.'s rating of the film White Heat