1. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film White Mountains

magic! it reminded me why i wanted to go and live in central asia. one of the most beautiful depictions of night in film.

2. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film White Mountains

Considering the background history, this has immense importance as Kyrgyzstan’s cinema, and its stripped down 63 running time would have allowed it to keep the barest essentials of its tale while paradoxically expanding upon it. Sadly, regardless of its country of origin, it’s a disinteresting film whose skeletal structure leads to little of interest for me.

3. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film White Mountains

Looks like somebody (Melis Ubueyev) studied their Pudovkin. Many gorgeous scenes with some strenuous camera movement, a chase even pops into the runner's POV as he's approaching yet another dangerously steep gorge. Certainly not afraid of contrast. Nice ending too. Not over-loaded with pro-Soviet story line. Though I usually feel many films are too long, in this case I think it could have used more fleshing out.

4. Brentos's rating of the film White Mountains

Seems like a film that inspired many, yet gets brushed aside without a second thought--no longer!

5. Rio Johan's rating of the film White Mountains

Basically the film is a fairy simple traditional tragedy. I think "White Mountains," somehow, has a same manner with "Elektra" (Mihalis Kakogiannis) or "My Way Home" (Miklos Jancso) in terms of its artistic achievement. It is a kind of film where even its landscape can haunt your mood.

6. Chai Is the Warmest Beverage's rating of the film White Mountains

Hey, since Arsaib is gone, perhaps we can revert back to the still and summary from when I originally submitted this. What, too soon?