1. Maudie Osborne's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Went on what was almost the worst date of my life to see this film. Thankfully the second date was worse, meaning that the film had absolutely no impact on the said first date overall. This film is awesome anyway.

2. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Le notti bianche

7.6/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3r6 "a stylishly romanticized dissection of that senseless little thing called love."

3. Mattia Ricotta's rating of the film Le notti bianche

"[...] io le voglio bene...si...quasi quanto a lui"

4. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Le notti bianche

The search for happiness . Shot so beautifully yet it was done in a studio with Mastroianni at his most charming.

5. letters never sent's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Definitely more faithful to Dostoyevsky than the Bresson adaptation.

6. Elena's rating of the film Le notti bianche

The dance scene is one of the best scenes ever!

7. Anca.'s rating of the film Le notti bianche

Loving Dostoyevsky's piece so much I avoided watching this for so long, afraid of being disappointed by it. Fortunately, it wasn't the case. Can't get their dance out of my head.

8. ammar's rating of the film Le notti bianche

9. sacajawèale's rating of the film Le notti bianche

10. Jeff Heinzl's rating of the film Le notti bianche

force yourself to fall in love with friendly handsome men they talk and talk and die alone in snow and dark and dread

11. dordairobert's rating of the film Le notti bianche

12. SpacePirate's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Marcello's best role? He shines here from beginning to end in this great Visconti film, with beautiful sets and misty photography. Very noir inspired with bombed out post-war Italy providing a stark backdrop to the love triangle. At times happy, at times heartwrenching, even the ending is a two way street which I enjoyed. Just a beautiful film, and a highlight of Italian cinema to be sure. 5 stars. Must see

13. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Le notti bianche

i think i have a cinematic crush on Visconti

14. Aardsy's rating of the film Le notti bianche

A perfect little heartbreak.

15. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Le notti bianche

16. Muntagnari's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Era una notte meravigliosa, una notte come forse ce ne possono essere soltanto quando siamo giovani, amabile lettore. Il cielo era così pieno di stelle, così luminoso che, gettandovi uno sguardo, senza volerlo si era costretti a domandare a se stessi: è mai possibile che sotto un cielo simile possa vivere ogni sorta di gente collerica e capricciosa?

17. grotesc's rating of the film Le notti bianche

18. Renton47's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Is it fair to deem this anti-romance, employing what we know about Visconti's sexuality as justification? It's certainly an unappealing pairing, Marcello doing his best pest, Schell inhibited and innocent. Relying on character I couldn't read the ending as tragedy or farce. Thanks then to Visconti's staging, a gorgeous and heightened street scape that has a toned down affinity with Fassbinder's 'Querelle'.

19. FISCHER's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Superbe mélodrame italien pour une merveilleuse histoire ciselée comme une pièce d'orfèvre d'où éclate la fraîcheur de Maria Schell, toujours aussi ravissante et fragile... www.cinefiches.com

20. ceknklsn's rating of the film Le notti bianche

35/100 (Visconti ve Dostoyevski'den sanatsal "Kocan Kadar Konuş" filminin çıkmasını hakikaten hazmedemiyorum. Eğer o başroldeki kız klasında biri Türk filminde oynasa ciddiyim sinema salonları kapatılır. Çok çok kötü)

21. tgmf's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Can't type a word, but: I'll hardly love again after Maria smiled.

22. bagno's rating of the film Le notti bianche