1. sacajawèale's rating of the film Le notti bianche

2. Jeff Heinzl's rating of the film Le notti bianche

force yourself to fall in love with friendly handsome men they talk and talk and die alone in snow and dark and dread

3. dordairobert's rating of the film Le notti bianche

4. SpacePirate's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Marcello's best role? He shines here from beginning to end in this great Visconti film, with beautiful sets and misty photography. Very noir inspired with bombed out post-war Italy providing a stark backdrop to the love triangle. At times happy, at times heartwrenching, even the ending is a two way street which I enjoyed. Just a beautiful film, and a highlight of Italian cinema to be sure. 5 stars. Must see

5. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film Le notti bianche

i think i have a cinematic crush on Visconti

6. Aardsy's rating of the film Le notti bianche

A perfect little heartbreak.

7. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Le notti bianche

8. Muntagnari's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Era una notte meravigliosa, una notte come forse ce ne possono essere soltanto quando siamo giovani, amabile lettore. Il cielo era così pieno di stelle, così luminoso che, gettandovi uno sguardo, senza volerlo si era costretti a domandare a se stessi: è mai possibile che sotto un cielo simile possa vivere ogni sorta di gente collerica e capricciosa?

9. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Le notti bianche

10. Renton47's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Is it fair to deem this anti-romance, employing what we know about Visconti's sexuality as justification? It's certainly an unappealing pairing, Marcello doing his best pest, Schell inhibited and innocent. Relying on character I couldn't read the ending as tragedy or farce. Thanks then to Visconti's staging, a gorgeous and heightened street scape that has a toned down affinity with Fassbinder's 'Querelle'.

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Superbe mélodrame italien pour une merveilleuse histoire ciselée comme une pièce d'orfèvre d'où éclate la fraîcheur de Maria Schell, toujours aussi ravissante et fragile... www.cinefiches.com

12. ceknklsn's rating of the film Le notti bianche

35/100 (Visconti ve Dostoyevski'den sanatsal "Kocan Kadar Konuş" filminin çıkmasını hakikaten hazmedemiyorum. Eğer o başroldeki kız klasında biri Türk filminde oynasa ciddiyim sinema salonları kapatılır. Çok çok kötü)

13. tgmf's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Can't type a word, but: I'll hardly love again after Maria smiled.

14. bagno's rating of the film Le notti bianche

15. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film Le notti bianche

16. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Le notti bianche

17. jonijtr's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Natalie's laugh creeping me tbh

18. Nachtreich's rating of the film Le notti bianche

19. twistedthursday's rating of the film Le notti bianche

There is something about Marcello Mastroianni in the atmosphere of this movie that just moves me to my soul.

20. Muraki's rating of the film Le notti bianche

a dreamy romantic movie. Mastorianni's best performance.

21. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Le notti bianche

The friendzone... a timeless concept. I loved the symbolic use of black and white in the final scenes of the movie. The studio must've been a little small though I felt like we kept walking in circles. The plot in the entire middle part of the movie kinda did the same thing... but that was clearly the point. Great film.

22. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Le notti bianche

23. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Hermosa versión de la gran novela de Dostoievski. Mastroianni está soberbio en su rol de hombre cegado por el amor absoluto. María Schell también clava a la perfección el rol de Natalia: hermosa, cándida y frágil. Jean Marais resulta demasiado antipático y distante en el rol del inqulino. La fotografía de Rotunno es sublime. También hay transiciones geniales (el arranque del primer flash-back narrado por Natalia)

24. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Un hombre vaga por las calles y entonces pensamos que es un infeliz más. Al final, veremos al mismo hombre pero sabemos que no es cualquier infeliz. Visconti y una bella historia sobre el amor sacrificado, sobre la mujer aguardando el regreso de su amante y el hombre que se enamoró de la mujer equivocada. Mastroianni opacado por esa idílica historia de amor, a la mitad del filme se mete entre lo palos y roba lágrimas