1. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Le notti bianche

The search for happiness . Shot so beautifully yet it was done in a studio with Mastroianni at his most charming.

2. letters never sent's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Definitely more faithful to Dostoyevsky than the Bresson adaptation.

3. Elena's rating of the film Le notti bianche

The dance scene is one of the best scenes ever!

4. Anca.'s rating of the film Le notti bianche

Loving Dostoyevsky's piece so much I avoided watching this for so long, afraid of being disappointed by it. Fortunately, it wasn't the case. Can't get their dance out of my head.

5. ammar's rating of the film Le notti bianche

6. sacajawèale's rating of the film Le notti bianche

7. Jeff Heinzl's rating of the film Le notti bianche

force yourself to fall in love with friendly handsome men they talk and talk and die alone in snow and dark and dread

8. dordairobert's rating of the film Le notti bianche

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Marcello's best role? He shines here from beginning to end in this great Visconti film, with beautiful sets and misty photography. Very noir inspired with bombed out post-war Italy providing a stark backdrop to the love triangle. At times happy, at times heartwrenching, even the ending is a two way street which I enjoyed. Just a beautiful film, and a highlight of Italian cinema to be sure. 5 stars. Must see

10. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Le notti bianche

i think i have a cinematic crush on Visconti

11. Aardsy's rating of the film Le notti bianche

A perfect little heartbreak.

12. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Le notti bianche

13. Muntagnari's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Era una notte meravigliosa, una notte come forse ce ne possono essere soltanto quando siamo giovani, amabile lettore. Il cielo era così pieno di stelle, così luminoso che, gettandovi uno sguardo, senza volerlo si era costretti a domandare a se stessi: è mai possibile che sotto un cielo simile possa vivere ogni sorta di gente collerica e capricciosa?

14. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Le notti bianche

15. Renton47's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Is it fair to deem this anti-romance, employing what we know about Visconti's sexuality as justification? It's certainly an unappealing pairing, Marcello doing his best pest, Schell inhibited and innocent. Relying on character I couldn't read the ending as tragedy or farce. Thanks then to Visconti's staging, a gorgeous and heightened street scape that has a toned down affinity with Fassbinder's 'Querelle'.

16. FISCHER's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Superbe mélodrame italien pour une merveilleuse histoire ciselée comme une pièce d'orfèvre d'où éclate la fraîcheur de Maria Schell, toujours aussi ravissante et fragile... www.cinefiches.com

17. ceknklsn's rating of the film Le notti bianche

35/100 (Visconti ve Dostoyevski'den sanatsal "Kocan Kadar Konuş" filminin çıkmasını hakikaten hazmedemiyorum. Eğer o başroldeki kız klasında biri Türk filminde oynasa ciddiyim sinema salonları kapatılır. Çok çok kötü)

18. tgmf's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Can't type a word, but: I'll hardly love again after Maria smiled.

19. bagno's rating of the film Le notti bianche

20. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film Le notti bianche

21. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Le notti bianche

22. jonijtr's rating of the film Le notti bianche

Natalie's laugh creeping me tbh

23. Nachtreich's rating of the film Le notti bianche

24. twistedthursday's rating of the film Le notti bianche

There is something about Marcello Mastroianni in the atmosphere of this movie that just moves me to my soul.