1. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

This second part of the trilogy is possibly the strongest, the core narrative providing an opportunity for us to connect more with Ana as she continues in her search for clarity about her identity and her future. It could easily feel inconsequential but Lang lets Ana breathe on the screen and Salomé Richard has that magical quality of seeming interesting just by standing there.

2. adamjaymorris's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

Subtly captivating. Lang - or the uncannily unified Lang/Richard entity - does this thing where she's able to wrest nuance from the seemingly banal. Which, it turns out, is pretty much the exact same formula we use for giving meaning to existence. Which gives her films the same extraordinary quality of intimacy as a solitary moment of introspection. It's a risky directorial vision but, she's pulling it off... 3.5

4. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

A subtle portrayal of a long-distance relationship and how it ends. The acting of Salome Richard is nice.

5. Madalina Ene's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

Hipster nonsense disguising the eternal theme of a stereotypically weak female. You won't find any "extraordinary emotional reach" in this one. Bleah.

6. captainfez's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

So, Your Boyfriend's A Dick: The Short Film.

7. db's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

Lovely. My first Lang film. I look forward to seeing more.

8. mpho3's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

"I believe in the farce of impossible love because the pain of absence makes me feel alive." 3.5 stars

9. Imago Vanitas's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

Young woman, smart and a bit ignorant, mature but indeed vital, drives his life safely and roughly as well. And during his middle upper class nietzschesquian journey, finds out an hindrance. His pale inmature platonian middle upper class pseudo-poet boyfriend, who suffers from a mommy love lack, which obliges him to tend to be a selfish childish scum. (...)

10. David R Williams's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

A near perfect film. Salomé Richard mesmerizes. I also learned that while the Japanese like gherkins, the Polish prefer cucumbers. And pistachio oil gets rid of sticky plaster marks.

11. Nelson G's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

12. catweinz@gmail.com's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

léger... quant à l'ingé son il faudrait qu'il revoit ses fondamentaux !

13. brick_bro's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

Just as endearing as it's predecessor, but a bit more aimless in showing flashes of Ana's ride.

14. caitlin.f's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

15. Thomas's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

Slightly disappointing follow-up.

16. Mitsunoir's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

これは好きだね、充実したダベリのような

17. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

My favourite of Rachel Lang's Ana Trilogy.

18. Alexis Feix's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

Il y a là une justesse de la caméra, du jeu d'acteur et des dialogues qui donne au film la puissance d'un roman ou d'une nouvelle. De celles avec qui l'on a l'impression de vivre une histoire depuis longtemps alors que nous venons de commencer la lecture, que nous avons du mal à voir se finir et qui continue ensuite de nous suivre longtemps, comme le souvenir d'une histoire d'amour puissante.

19. her wavelength's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

this actress got my attention. now so does the filmmaker. great party scene. want to see more.

20. Philippe Dumez's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

21. rob johnstone's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

What a great little film, Rachel Lang and her cast deliver a compelling story. For me the stretches of silence and of Ana's moments alone spoke the loudest. We are voyeurs, watching and perhaps judging Ana, her relationships, her life but we also share in her life and by watching become part of it.

22. Vinegar Factory's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

Great little film. I look forward to her full length...

23. Samuel Wells's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

The second film in the Ana tryptic, we return to Ana, as an older and more confident adult than the first film. Still presenting an air of aloofness, she is given more opportunities for her character Working from a clearer narrative and set situation, Ana is able to react more definitively and give a drive to the film. The plot as a whole still felt rushed and at points random considering how short the run time is.

24. Quattro's rating of the film White Turnips Make It Hard to Sleep

Not much more than what you would expect. Well directed, it flows smoothly.