1. FISCHER's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Première et magistrale réalisation du débutant Mike Nichols, âgé de trente-cinq ans, avec le couple terrible Taylor-Burton à son apogée... www.cinefiches.com

2. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

The dialogue as a conflict - a hellish fight of words, an exchange of insults, drunken arguments where truths, falsehoods and illusions are all mingled, frustrations spit on the face of others. George and Martha tear apart the illusions of bourgeoise family idyll that obviously hasn’t reached them (nor their guests Nick and Honey). Taylor and Burton act like they mean it; frantic and tragic.

3. pluviosity's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

you know Liz Taylor's The Moment in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof? imagine that few minutes, repeated for two hours, filled with anger, disappointment, hatred, full blown self insecurity added with liters of alcohol, you'd had this movie. Exhausting.

4. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

One of my favourite films of all time, WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? is absolute perfection. I can't spend any longer with this awful people, but Nichols can't help me to stay out of it: I keep coming back to this hole.

5. Rocco's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Elizabeth Taylor gives what is probably one of my favorite performances of all time in this. Ferocious, ridiculous, and masterful. Sandy Dennis nips at her heels.

6. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

7. Gabriel Sica's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

8. truffraud's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

stuffy and suffocating: the genius qualities that made me breathe a sigh of relief when it was finally over

9. Vickie Retallick's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

10. ceknklsn's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

11. the prince's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Interesting film, but where was the sex. . . passion yes but not sexual. . .

12. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

13. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

This is my second favorite film of all-time, as it's filled with so many elements I personally love in a film. Faithful stage adaptation? Check! Solid script with complex characters and sharp dialogue? Double check! Outstanding performances? Quadruple check! With each viewing, I find myself in greater awe, and that is what a great film should do to you.

14. Jim Fear's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Young couple meet a middle aged dysfunctional couple who know a little more about the tragedy of life.

15. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Came to prefer the idea that art can be destructive... Should have seen this in a theatre. I'm up for breaking in front of strangers...

16. T-Cruise's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

17. Murat Erdem's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Zamanına göre iyi derler ya bence hala iyi.

18. When the Sun Dies's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Don't kill me but I think Dick Burton overshines Liz Taylor just by a slight teeny tiny little bit.

19. Renton47's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

A friend of mine said they felt being in a relationship was like building a mental playground you navigate with someone. I think he would like this film, in which marriage is a masterfully constructed game of fiction and the acts of construction/destruction are essentially the same. We saw this for free as anti-valentine’s day programming. I disagree though and this might be one of the most romantic films I’ve seen.

20. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

8.2/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2eB

21. José Neves's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

I do! At least, of all the scripts that adopt the modern narrative tricks to apply them to a mere game of representation and subsequent histrionics of the actors, in an one way range: psychology of exhibitionism (and vice-versa), that result in an unremitting hysteria game. It may have been important for breaking some language censorship, but it is quite dated. Haskell Wexler's cinematography is great.

22. André Bernardo's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Great nightmare. I'll watch it again and I guess I'll pick the fourth star and maybe find the hidden fifth.

23. el.'s rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

4,5. When you want sound and pictures to chew you up and spit you out, give this a try. Impressions of such amazing, intense performances still cling on to me even though it's been a very long time since I've watched this. Taylor and Burton were such beasts...

24. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Powered by extreme verbal nastiness and a taste for the visceral, Virginia Woolf truly is an uncomfortable and terrifying cinematic experience, picking apart repressed fears and anxieties while brutally painting a bucolic portrait of bourgeois academia.

← Previous 1 3 4