1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

2. mubianer's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

3.5. I don't know why Mubi has listed it as drama and comedy, but the record store scene was funny. I enjoy Fassbinder's later films more as his style wasn't fully formed yet by this time (but his themes were). A week later: It has grown on me, I have thought more about it than recent films I watched I gave four or five stars.

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

It struck me that, despite the title, and despite Kurt Raab being in most, if not every, scene, it wasn't till the end that I realized that I'd barely noticed him. Well played, RWF... Nice set up with that joke at the start, the eagle bit, and the visceral hand-held photography. Record store scene is a favourite. 3.75

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

5. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

"I saw an eagle in a zoo locked up in a cage. It is sad and doesn't move. But when it is free, it soars into the sky and circles there, this great black bird." A dark circling vortex surely, though the vulture is a beast much greater than the man. Forgot this was shot on strictly hand-held, adding to the dreadful monotonous pressurized air already ripe with aberration. Also, Hermann, Schygulla, Caven, '70, CAW!

6. mikong's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

Reminds me of the silent progress of tension of Haneke's Seventh Continent. We all know now why Herr R. ran amok.

7. letters never sent's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

I can see myself just totally losing it one day, except it won't be directed towards others, but myself.

8. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

"Well Fassbinder would disagree with you about Kurt Raab, he put on his list..." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/05/episode-58-first-fassbinder-episode.html

9. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

Un buen retrato sobre la rutina, una especie de encadenamiento social, que se vive con conformidad, pero que también asfixia. Eso sucede con Amok, quien camina con apariencia apacible, reprimiéndose, pero en cierto momentos, dejándose arrastrar por ese juego de jerarquías y fantasías. Apela a la normativa sucia e hipócrita de los que le rodean, pero cuando esta se le viene encima, es cuando se frustra, y explota.

10. Dignan's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

Bourgeois life is an existential wasteland. The determinist philosophy of the middle-class, whether conscious or unconscious, leads to an abandonment of personal responsibility and ignores the individual's longing for freedom and meaning. There are choices. For Herr R., the possibility of changing his life, a viable option, is too overwhelming so he resorts to misusing a candle-holder and window frame.

11. Stevie's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

Kurt Raab is fantastic in the lead role. A truly shocking ending. Similarities in themes to Fear of Fear.

12. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

Herr R. had a great family. This movie has a lot of things going on within the conversations of the characters.

13. JUERGEN_K's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

best fassbinder film ... and raab's performance is unbelievable

14. Byron N's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

Why Does Herr R. Run Amok? masterfully obscures unmistakable pangs of deep-seated emotional trenchancy in a swathe of desiccated banality–until the end, that is...

15. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

16. kartina obskura's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

this is FANTASTIC in so many levels!

17. Marcelo Pereira's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

18. DSPRKY's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

I don't know about the rest of the film, but that scene in the record store was hilarious.

19. James Devereaux's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

Where did Fassbinder find these actors? Absolutely superb.

20. In An Expression Of The Inexpressible's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

We know it's coming and we're searching for the clues in the banal everyday life of Raab. There aren't many - we've been all there, nothing special. But there is this thin line ...

21. Marc G.'s rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

Is it true that Fassbinder has nothing to do with this movie?

22. vincentbergerond@gmail.com's rating of the film Why Does Herr R. Run Amok?

The first Fassbinder movie I saw. It does a better job than most new film makers when approaching daily life problems with a near documentary style. The end is shocking and violent. A few directors are able to express this much rage and intensity in only one short moment. Stay in your mind, even if the film itself is an exercise in patience, even for today's viewers.