1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Wings of Desire

4.6 stars. D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Only watch it when/if you're in love though. If I watched it right now while I'm terminally single I'd probably hate it. But still, it makes you want to love the world. Maybe that comes from a place of material privilege, but the film's vision of Berlin is far more honest, open and less cosy than, say, that of Amélie Paris. A film for dreamers and Nick Cave fans alike!

2. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Wings of Desire

8.5/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3tI “the film holds dear in its heart the most elemental sensation of being alive, and formulates a lucid message to mankind’s inescapable pathos, a knockout, through and through."

3. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Wings of Desire

4. Sơn Phước's rating of the film Wings of Desire

A city of sadness. A world of loneliness.

5. tri ...'s rating of the film Wings of Desire

6. Guy Grand's rating of the film Wings of Desire

My personal favorite film, a very strong philosophical message, and the most poetic screenplay of all time.

7. Chearth's rating of the film Wings of Desire

8. The Tsundokuist's rating of the film Wings of Desire

Avante-garde “It’s a Wonderful Life” with a 1980s music video sensibility. Somewhat redeemed by a decent amount of Nick Cave and some über-cool Berlin locations.

9. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film Wings of Desire

As a eulogy to a city & its people, Berlin specifically, 'Wings of Desire' is a majestic journey. From the view of the outsider, in this case ponytailed angels, the drab concrete buildings & everyday trivialities take on a sense of sheer wonder. Wenders' vision stutters as the unconvincing romance takes hold & pretentious waffle spouts too readily. Inconsistent as a narrative, but marvellous as a cinematic spectacle.

10. Brendan's rating of the film Wings of Desire

A film that for the last 25 or so years I've nodded in agreement when people have said "great film", and now that I finally see it, it turns out to be quite dull.

11. captainfez's rating of the film Wings of Desire

12. claire evans's rating of the film Wings of Desire

I saw this back in 1987 and felt it was pretentious, but even at the time I knew I was probably being unfair. It is a bit pretentious, but I'm glad I rewatched it this evening because it is so beautiful. My favourite moment is when he comes out of the junk shop in his new clothes - a beautiful instance of being a human.

13. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Wings of Desire

I don't know what I just watched, but it was singular and had the effect of cleansing my soul. Proustian in theme, it reminds us to be content even with just our existence and the small pleasures of a hot coffee in cold hands, to our own blood.

14. namsai k.'s rating of the film Wings of Desire

15. poetboi's rating of the film Wings of Desire

I’m not quite sure that I understood this film. But what I did understand afterwards was the beauty of humanity. The juxtaposition between the poetic monochrome and the chaotic colour was beautiful, and the best use of a colour switch I have seen. Ultimately gorgeous, but a bit over my head at this point. Will probably give it a second watch at some point.

16. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Wings of Desire

A gorgeous, moving, strange film from Wim Wenders that looks at humanity, emotional connections, mortality, and some of the multitude of thoughts that go through the minds of people walking around us. Really lovely stuff, meditative without ever being dull.

17. James Green's rating of the film Wings of Desire

Joycean not just in technique but also in humanism and insight. Rare feat

18. DonDoumi's rating of the film Wings of Desire

2h d'une rare poésie. Tout le talent de Wenders concentré. On se laisse porter.

19. keithinhull's rating of the film Wings of Desire

20. fabiola's rating of the film Wings of Desire

21. Sophie Taylor's rating of the film Wings of Desire

This film: Don't take the small aches that remind you you're alive for granted (like childhood is taken)

22. Harriehhh's rating of the film Wings of Desire

Wenders’ profound meditation on life and love is profoundly lifeless.

23. Cristina's rating of the film Wings of Desire

Simply SUBLIME, bigger than life itself, had a huge impact on me when I watch it first time, 30 years on and it’s immaculate sensibility lies fresher than ever. Long live Wenders!

24. equillydire.'s rating of the film Wings of Desire

Truly a masterly depiction of the human condition, Existential angst and earthly dereliction are paired with one of eighties TVs most comfortable characters. Interspersed with splashes of colour this epic love story builds to the softest creshendo scored with a blood red wash of sound.