1. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Wings of Desire

You’re seduced into the spell of this movie. It moves slowly, but you don’t grow impatient, because there is no plot to speak of, and so you don’t fret that it should move to its next predictable stage. It is about being, not doing. It creates a mood of sadness, yearning, of the transience of earthly things.“Why am I me and why not you? Why am I here and why not there? When did time begin and where does space end?”

2. malcontent's rating of the film Wings of Desire

'there are still borders. every street has its borderline. Between each plot theres a strip of no-mans-land disguised as a hedge. Germany has crumbled into as many small states as there are individuals. these small states are mobile. everyone carries his own state with him, demanding toll when another wants to enter. So everyone migrates and waves his one-man-state flag'

3. Eduardo Coelho's rating of the film Wings of Desire

"A criança, quando criança..."

4. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Wings of Desire

Just beautiful. I'm glad I never get a chance to watch the Cage/Ryan remake first.

5. Daniel's rating of the film Wings of Desire

6. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Wings of Desire

7. Renton47's rating of the film Wings of Desire

A formative film, I am pleased to discover that Wings has lost none of its power to move me. Through the most simple acts of grace it yearns for a return to childlike innocence before ultimately pivoting on an act resembling the departure from purity. Doing so reminds me that we will always be repeating our mistakes with the greatest hopes of transcendence in our hearts.

8. Silvoieski's rating of the film Wings of Desire

"Wals das kind kind was", Humans, Extra-Humans and Angels keep being that kid that reflects about the time of being a kid. The innocence of childhood is the formula to the salvation from the dark world where man built infinite borders.

9. Pedro Ramos's rating of the film Wings of Desire

10. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film Wings of Desire

WENDERS revisits Berlin 30 years later === https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/078727-065-A/invitation-au-voyage/

11. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film Wings of Desire

12. ceknklsn's rating of the film Wings of Desire

89/100 (Bravo mubi sonunda hak eden bir filme yüksek puan verdiniz. Onun dışında filmde çok fazla kusur aramak mantıksız. Samimiyetine, ruhuna, atmosferine kapılın. Anı yaşayın.)

13. diiiiogorocha's rating of the film Wings of Desire

Perfect movie and it has Nick Cave so... yeah, perfect

14. Z-666's rating of the film Wings of Desire

15. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Wings of Desire

4.6 stars. D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Only watch it when/if you're in love though. If I watched it right now while I'm terminally single I'd probably hate it. But still, it makes you want to love the world. Maybe that comes from a place of material privilege, but the film's vision of Berlin is far more honest, open and less cosy than, say, that of Amélie Paris. A film for dreamers and Nick Cave fans alike!

16. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Wings of Desire

8.5/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3tI “the film holds dear in its heart the most elemental sensation of being alive, and formulates a lucid message to mankind’s inescapable pathos, a knockout, through and through."

17. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Wings of Desire

18. Sơn Phước's rating of the film Wings of Desire

A city of sadness. A world of loneliness.

19. tri ...'s rating of the film Wings of Desire

20. Guy Grand's rating of the film Wings of Desire

My personal favorite film, a very strong philosophical message, and the most poetic screenplay of all time.

21. Chearth's rating of the film Wings of Desire

22. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film Wings of Desire

As a eulogy to a city & its people, Berlin specifically, 'Wings of Desire' is a majestic journey. From the view of the outsider, in this case ponytailed angels, the drab concrete buildings & everyday trivialities take on a sense of sheer wonder. Wenders' vision stutters as the unconvincing romance takes hold & pretentious waffle spouts too readily. Inconsistent as a narrative, but marvellous as a cinematic spectacle.

23. Brendan's rating of the film Wings of Desire

A film that for the last 25 or so years I've nodded in agreement when people have said "great film", and now that I finally see it, it turns out to be quite dull.

24. captainfez's rating of the film Wings of Desire