1. Walker's rating of the film Wings

A powerfully drawn and humanistic character study. Recommended for the story, the atmosphere, and the lead performance. The historical context is also rather interesting.

2. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Wings

Interesante retrato de un aire intimista, muy inusual para el cine soviético. Más allá de la intención por la directora de emprender un filme de corte nacionalista, sobre esta mujer condecorada por glorias de la Segunda Guerra, es la de observar de cerca a una mujer forzándose por ajustarse a una rutina civil. Precisa la escena del museo, vista como pieza histórica. Ya para el final, todo era melancolía.

3. letters never sent's rating of the film Wings

4. Joel's rating of the film Wings

A truley beautifully told tale of strength and age. Quite a profound accomplisment for a yougn director but one that stands as an unseen master of it's kind.

5. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Wings

A beautiful prescient film. In a world where the most basic animal material needs are fulfilled the human questions and needs are left wanting in a rigid hierarchical society based on capital accumulation.

6. Ghostman's rating of the film Wings

A masterwork and a great debut. A moving film about nostalgia, changing times/eras, middle age, womanhood, generational and class disputes, and moving from the past. I need to see more of Larisa Shepitko's work. I've only seen one film by her and I can already tell she is a master.

7. José Neves's rating of the film Wings

4,5. I repeat myself: extraordinary filmmaker who thinks the images not as the feed of a fiction but as an autonomous structure of thinking and its diegetic driving adequacy, ie, concrete emotions from an autonomy of language. See the first frame: a single shot showing a crowd from the reflection of windows in various levels of this single image. The uno in/of(f) the crowd, like its main character.

8. Dignan's rating of the film Wings

Trauma really fucks you for life.

9. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Wings

10. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Wings

11. Alex's rating of the film Wings

12. Sancar Seckiner's rating of the film Wings

13. ihor's rating of the film Wings

The glory of the past fades away, but life moves on. How is one to continue living? This Shepitko explores through a slow careful character study that also analyzes Soviet society obsessed with remembrance and reverence of "The Great Patriot War". The war is gone but what is there in the present or the future for its heroes or for the nation itself? What is there to hang on besides the mythical past?

14. Stevie's rating of the film Wings

This blew me away along with The Ascent. Shepitko was an insane talent, a huge loss to cinema when she tragically died having only made 3 feature films.

15. deni.a's rating of the film Wings

I don't know what i want to say, Shepitko has a great talent to expression her feeling and she could transform it to her talent. And I love that as an audience. May you rest in peace in heaven madam :)

16. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Wings

Larisa Shepitko was a tremendous filmmaker. Wings is further proof of this.

17. Robert W Peabody III's rating of the film Wings

This was slow going, it reminded me in that regard of Tokyo Story – one of the greatest movies ever made. Many of these foreign films, like baseball, require patience – you must stay through the last inning; in this case, well worth the time. . I wish Larisa had lived longer to make more movies.

18. Mithil Bhoras's rating of the film Wings

19. Ciprian David's rating of the film Wings

remainded me very much of Iris Gusners The Dove on the Roof. And of course, when it comes to generations and intelectuality, of The Sopranos.

20. Raven's rating of the film Wings

Great film. This movie seems to get better and better as you watch it and ends almost perfectly. I couldn't help but feel sympathy for the main character. It is a shame Larisa Shepitko left so early of this world. Her unique style and direction would have certainly produced many great movies.

21. Anton Williams's rating of the film Wings

22. comeandsee's rating of the film Wings

one of the greatest films ever made. shepitko is a true auteur, her style is unique and influenced by both godard and ozu. she depicts a generation which does not understand the young vitality of its offspring too. and she has a swipe at the soviet censors who ruined a whole ream of cinema.

23. Tobin.'s rating of the film Wings

This was quite incredible. Shepitko seems to be a major talent and I'm so happy her films have made it into the eclipse series, although this is definitely deserving of it's own criterion release. Looking forward to watching The Ascent!

24. Linda Crisan's rating of the film Wings

Very few films (regardless of the gender of the director) can show you what goes on in a woman's mind, this is one of them. Though mood is the central concern, it doesn't linger unnecessarily, and I also had a couple of laughs. I would love to see Shepitko's segment for "Beginning Of An Unknown Era".