1. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film Winnebago Man

Incredibly funny and touching, there's a little bit of winnebago man in everyone. PS Stop fucking whining about the director this is a journey of discovery as much as it's a documentary, not all documentaries should be "objective" observationals (i love those too, don't get me wrong) or lifeless pieces of film held together with a voice over like discovery channel.

2. flamingo jones's rating of the film Winnebago Man

It's a shame we didn't learn more about Jack's life, but this film provided a nice portrait of a strange and remarkable old man. The main reason to watch this is to get a glimpse of his mind and story– the director fumbled a bit with setup and script, but luckily his protagonist was compelling enough to hold attention.

3. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Winnebago Man

4. msmichel's rating of the film Winnebago Man

Early in the picture two producers of a found footage video show state that finding the people in these videos would be somewhat pointless, because we just want to laugh not learn about how their stupidity affected their lives. Apt comment. Not to take away from Jack Rebney, for he is a pretty interesting curmudgeon, but the film in the end is pointless and just a modern day freak show much like youtube is.

5. HEDONIST's rating of the film Winnebago Man

Don't understand the fascination with this...

6. SlinkyLi's rating of the film Winnebago Man

I remember watching that video with the old YouTube UI, and this doc was good too

7. Ryan Estabrooks's rating of the film Winnebago Man

Mostly great overall. I wish a different director would have made this film, however. He came off as very whiney and would not just shut the fuck up and let Jack talk! There is no reason why he could not have simply let him talk about politics AND brought him to the film festival and meet the fans. It was like he was intentionally trying to piss him off.

8. Seth Farmer's rating of the film Winnebago Man

Fascinating subject matter diluted by a boring director and his boring screen presence. Hey, buddy, we don't care about you. Let the fucking Winnebago Man talk about how Dick Cheney is fucked and the country is fucked! How this guy was ever offered a teaching position on film is beyond me.

9. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Winnebago Man

One of the funniest documentaries. Can't stop saying "God I can't f****** make my mind work."

10. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Winnebago Man

Enjoyable character study documentary manages to walk the line of finding the humor in its subject without resorting to total condescension. Jack Rebney is a fascinating figure, but I would like to have seen more about the viral video phenomena itself, as it starts making some interesting points but never really follows through. But all in all, a very entertaining, surprisingly feel-good film.

11. Jack Lineman's rating of the film Winnebago Man

IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE IT::: http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/winnebago_man/

12. Tony Pauletto's rating of the film Winnebago Man

Jack Rebney is kind of like Howard Beale from Network. If he's going to participate in this horse shit, he's gonna talk about what pisses him off. While the film dishes out a searing perspective on the destructive nature of 21st century media, Rebney's relectuant quest to confront his noteriety counters it by being surprisingly uplifting.

13. Reginald Healer Marcellin's rating of the film Winnebago Man

Jack Rebney is the man. Ben Steinbaur is not

14. Horror Whore's rating of the film Winnebago Man

I found it depressing as well. An okay film. The director was a douche, but I loved Jack!

15. souljacker's rating of the film Winnebago Man

It seems I'm the only one to find it quite depressing.

16. Risselada's rating of the film Winnebago Man

I disagree with some of the wall posts below stating that the filmmaker "doesn't seem to know the right questions" or that it's a shame he "doesn't quite know what he's making a documentary of". He handles the journey deftly and takes what could be a geeky or exploitative story and finds the real universal and human appeal. I found him to be very much in control in good ways but letting the story go when necessary.

17. Pierre's rating of the film Winnebago Man

I was pretty uninvested and unimpressed by this up until the "twist". What results is one of the most heartwarming emotional journeys a documentary like this could hope for. It's just a shame the director makes it obvious throughout that he doesn't quite know what he's making a documentary of.

18. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Winnebago Man

A fresh, hilarious, and disarmingly moving look at the phenomenon of internet celebrity and the cult of personality.

19. filmcapsule's rating of the film Winnebago Man

Only so-so as a documentary, but it definitely put a smile on my face. Steinbauer is in the film too much and doesn't seem to know the right questions to pursue. That said, the Winnebago Man himself is interesting and I think overall the film was entertaining.