1. Low's rating of the film Winter

"Film, what a job! Méliés is dead. Eisenstein is dead. Dreyer is dead. And this morning, I don't feel so well."

2. El Biffo's rating of the film Winter

"So you have no subject? -Cinema is no longer about anecdotes. It is a language in itself." -"Go try to make distributors understand that. Or the audience."

3. Jason's rating of the film Winter

WINTER strikes me as one of the key masterpieces of late-60s French cinema. It is about cinema, art, the compulsion to create w/ material of the given world, and the difficulty of human relationships (especially between the sexes). Truly self-reflexive, it engages w/ itself as a film about various different kinds of filmmaking approaches. Extremely layered, it ends up interrogating the suppositions of our own gaze.

4. José Neves's rating of the film Winter

Beautiful film, the second in a series about the seasons, anticipating in many years Rhomer's tales, in a totally different direction. Portrait of a woman - indeed, like the previous one, "L'éte" - and of a city, Bruges, being, above all, a film about a modus operandi of the very act of filming and editing images and sounds, constituting a reflective act at the very moment of its enjoyment.