1. Enkiled's rating of the film Wittgenstein

Well, props for Jarman for creating a film as unbearable as LW's work

2. AALC's rating of the film Wittgenstein

Different in a good way.

3. captainfez's rating of the film Wittgenstein

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Wittgenstein

5. Thijmen's rating of the film Wittgenstein

A great introduction to Wittgenstein's thoughts. The way it is worked out is through theater rather then conventional film.

6. Renton47's rating of the film Wittgenstein

"I'll show you the life of the mind"! It would not be fair to say that I am a fan of the work of Wittgenstein, simply because I'm too stupid to see what the problem with language is. We could say that Wittgenstein's words only meant something to him, but then Jarman dares to show what they also looked like to Wittgenstein filtered through Jarman. I guess then I'm a fan of his philosophy visualised.

7. EdieEmm's rating of the film Wittgenstein

Much like Jarman's other anachronistic biopics and adaptations (Caravaggio, The Tempest...), just... not as good. Still all the charm, style, subversion, delight... And anyway, they can't all be brilliant.

8. msmichel's rating of the film Wittgenstein

'Philosophy is a sickness of the mind' . Jarman's final feature, save the experimental 'Blue', is a daring imagining of black dropped tableaus tracing the philosopher's friendships, loves and work. Economical in budget but rich in colour and costume the film never ceases to engage and fascinate. Sandy Powell's costumes for Tilda are exquisite. First viewing since '93 festival date this evening.

9. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Wittgenstein

Not one of his best. Not bad exactly.Just feels like a play for TV. No cinematic flair compared to his other work.

10. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Wittgenstein

"In art it is hard to say anything as good as saying nothing."

11. klofter's rating of the film Wittgenstein

Excellent but also a somewhat pointless exercise in style. And all that on a visibly shoe-string budget! I've seen comparisons between Jarman and Greenaway before but I think what sets them both apart (more than their respective thematic interests) is the size of their budget. Jarman's material screams out for a more lavish mise en scene. But as it stands, it's still gripping, heady stuff. Great!

12. Clay_Carter's rating of the film Wittgenstein

I loved the emphasis of each character's colors against the black background. In contrast, the title character Wittegenstein is always suited in drab, muted garb while his ideas, as he, frustrated, stumbles to convey their nuances to his peers, are a brilliant spectrum of color. The style is certainly memorable in a way that allows the mind to relate factual information to the somewhat odd presentation of the fact.

13. Alex's rating of the film Wittgenstein

Lots of little nuggets I could take from this one.

14. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Wittgenstein

This picture is a fact! A beautiful fact!

15. Lilliawithwind's rating of the film Wittgenstein

Very interesting theatrical setting and narratives

16. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Wittgenstein

Not great like Jarman's other (genius) work, this is a little too masterpiece theatre for me. Just feels flat.

17. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Wittgenstein

1. Jarman and Greenaway had a convergence of styles. 2. You can play a tune on a carrot. 3.Tilda. 4. It was definitely not too much about the sexuality. 5. It is not enough to be right, one must also be petulant about it.

18. jim in austin's rating of the film Wittgenstein

I'm not exactly sure what I just watched but I rather liked it. Reminded me somewhat of a blend of "Our Town" and "All That Jazz" with costuming by Merchant-Ivory...

19. nein's rating of the film Wittgenstein

...and so do Marsians...

20. NE1's rating of the film Wittgenstein

"If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~ Young Wittgenstein.

21. Zoe Wanda Margot's rating of the film Wittgenstein

Deliriously rational. Champagne before you go?

22. Sneerwell's rating of the film Wittgenstein

A captivating mixture of typically British absurdist humour, post-modernist irony and well-organized, Cartesian view of being.

23. Neuron's rating of the film Wittgenstein

It focused far too much on his sexuality rather than the content of his work.

24. Borges's rating of the film Wittgenstein

This is a very pleasant movie.