1. ceknklsn's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

49/100 (Alegori len, dünyanın en sanatsal filmi len, kapital ahlakı eleştiriyor len, seks sahneleri çok başarılı len, sinematografi len. Len oğlu len. 5 yıldır herkesin mutlaka top listesinde, Imdbde 8,5, Mubide gelmiş geçmiş en iyi 5 filmden biri. Artık bu abartmalardan bıkarak ama önyargısız bir şekilde izledim. Ne mi oldu tabiki kocaman bok gibi mantıksız bir film. Devamı yorumda...)

2. MisterColo93's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

3. Disa's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

new found anxiety. thanks.

4. samira's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

5. Bob's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

Dark cinematography that sweeps otherwise sun bathed landscapes such as desert or a beach - combined with high pitched strings and ambient sounds - creates an unique movie experience that will never feel dated. Except for that, there's nothing else to get through this excruciating two hours. It fails to create desperation, eroticism, alienation or any other feel that was promised by the synopsis or the screenshots.

6. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

So many levels to it...in the sand... 4.5

7. B o g d a n's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

8. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

9. dionysus67's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

In line with the perspective of the entomologist who gets trapped and eventually surrenders himself inside a sand pit, Teshigahara's extreme close-ups traverse the entire gamut of shots and culminate in extreme long shots, that decenter a humanist perspective, which Japanese modernity in cinema struggled vainly to retain. Extremely sensual and astonishingly photographed, it's no wonder that it inspired Tarkovsky.

10. ConorKennedy's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

Woman in the Dunes can be a metaphor for whatever you want it to be. I see it as a visual depiction of the hopelessness of life. My boyfriend thought it was a commentary on the battle of the sexes. The black and white cinematography is some of the best i’ve seen. You could almost feel the stickiness of the heat, and the seeping of the sand.

11. Ben Nash's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

12. DSPRKY's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

Beautifully shot existentialist cinema.

13. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

The painfully simple plot and awkwardly blatant symbols are about as elegant as a toilet, yet about as essential as one... And the photography polishes this piece of shit into about the most precious gemstone I've seen...

14. Raum's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

15. Panda's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

Quite beautiful, thought provoking

16. Barrett.'s rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

Everything about Woman in the Dunes is perfect. Unequivocal masterpiece.

17. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

18. $ROBINROSA$'s rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

Becoming insect and subjected to being a living exhibit.

19. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

Rewatch of a 35mm print curated by Virginia Dwan. What can one say...it's justifiably a classic and everything you admired about it back in college still works today. Narratively and thematically, I think Abe's novella is better at conveying the characters' thoughts and emotions. But as far as straight-up emotional imagery is concerned, the film is a technical masterpiece, even if it belabors that imagery at times.

20. Daishi's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

21. FISCHER's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

Merveilleuse fable fantastique sur l'enfermement, entre érotisme torride et réflexion existentielle... www.cinefiches.com

22. choupinet's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

I enjoyed the movie as much as I enjoyed the original work of Kōbō Abe. The ambiance of constant claustrophobia really came through.

23. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

24. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Woman in the Dunes

Are you shoveling sand to live, or living to shovel sand? Profound. Absolutely amazing. I haven't seen anything like this since... I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. All these close takes of skin covered in sand. Even trapped, we're still building traps. Would I escape?

← Previous 1 3 4 5