1. Milly Hampton's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

i really wish this was better

2. Chequamegon's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

Great for the historic value and content. Lynn Hershman Leeson spent years collecting the content from female artists starting the in 1970's. The interviews give great insight into the beginning of the Feminist movement in the American art world. I wish that the production quality was a little higher and there were less propaganda graphics included.

3. Mel's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

son iki aydır gözlemlediğim bir husus şu ki; bu altyazısız film yayınlama işini fazla abartmadınız mı ?

4. birthdayblues's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

The premise of this film is important and the content is powerful and well-edited. However, the soundtrack spoils it for me - shoehorning rock groups like The Gossip in probably because they identify as feminist, when something more instrumental would've worked much better - not as if there are aren't a huge number of feminist composers to choose from. The soundtrack really jars and overpowers an otherwise great doc

5. UterusFactory's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

Too fundamentally important to be missed

6. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

I've loved hearing these women's voices and seeing their work. Female Power. Much Respect.

7. Jules Becker's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

Redressing the balance of cultural memory. An important film and definitely one to recommend.

8. mpho3's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

"!Women Art Revolution moves beyond chronicle to pose deeper questions about the interdependence of art, politics, and society, the nature of power, and the inherent subjectivity of any historical record." - Film Comment.

9. MicheleMpls's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

A wonderful, inspiring history about women artists!

10. nein's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

Umm... I appreciate the idea and the whole concept that stands behind this movie but I clearly cannot stand this feminist gibberish illustrated with art that doesn't make me care. The only one that intrigued me was Ana Mendieta. I think the whole point was missed in this feminist propaganda. If you ask me for female artist, I'll give you these: Abramović, Claudel, Boznanska, Odell, Natalia LL, Plaschg.

11. Sin título.'s rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

Refleja en un mínimo lapso de tiempo el trabajo de las mujeres dentro del arte y su lucha constante por obtener un lugar que igualara la validez de su trabajo con el que realizaban los hombres de la época. Excelente investigación documental para realizar análisis de teoría social.

12. Héctor Olguín's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

Dinámico, bien documentado e ilustrador, sin embargo, debo agregar que por momentos me sentí viendo algún E! True Hollywood Story, debido a la suave voz en off y las pausas que hace.

13. Sthirabandhu's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

thank you to Mubi for screening this, thank you to all those involved in it's making and distribution. Thank you to Women all over the world.

14. msmichel's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

Lynn Hershman-Leeson's wonderful documentary offers a strong cultural history of the women's art movement over the past forty years in America. The filmmaker had first hand knowledge, keeping video diaries and interviews over the years ranging from the first feminist art struggles rearing from the protest movements of the sixties to the highly politicized and organized movements of the seventies and eighties.Awesome.

15. Margot Cullen's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

A much needed piece. It's an education.

16. raggiodisole's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

To like or not like the art is secondary in this film. This is a history, a shining torch that lights the past for the future to be guided by. And fascinating too, a story I never knew.

17. NoSheep's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

I can only say I wish it would never have ended.

18. Stefan Drees's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

Fortunately Lynn Hershman-Leeson is aware of the limits of her movie (like the isolated observation of the US scene or the absence of some very important performance artists), and alluding to them is also a quality of the movie and its personal view. So in spite of some limitations this very informative and really well made documentary is worth seeing.

19. Sunghee K Kim's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

"The personal is the political", that's why we can make changes through our own existences :) Go sisters!!

20. Ethan's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

A great documentary about the many female artists who have struggled to get their work seen.

21. Amateur View's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

..the revolution will not be televised..

22. Evnad's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

I really enjoyed this when I saw it at TIFF last year!

23. Natalie Guevara's rating of the film ! Women Art Revolution

the movie was okay, but the best part was the Q&A my companion and I stuck around for post-screening, when the perfect patriarchal figure, a German male art collector, was all, "This was a good film, but if I may..." hilarious.