1. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Women in Cages

Same prison, same Filipino cast, same actors and nearly same screenplays. The Roger Corman productions shot in the early 70's in The Philippines don't distinguish themselves by their originality. But who cares now, they've earned the cult status and often take center stage in movie lovers's DVD libraries. In this one, Pam Grier plays a sadistic warder. A curiosity.

2. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Women in Cages

This is a lot more morally complex than anyone will give it credit for but ultimately our "relatively" innocent protagonist is a bit of a drip as an actress. Still, the scene where Sofia Moran frees Pam Grier despite her sadism is heartbreaking in light of what follows for both of them. Also of note is the beautiful cinematography De Leon is known for. Idk if I can say I'm a fan totally, but it's certainly of note.

3. film_lies101's rating of the film Women in Cages

Incompetently made and not in the least enjoyable

4. Polyglot's rating of the film Women in Cages

Never trust a redhead in a women in prison film. They're nasty.

5. David M.K.'s rating of the film Women in Cages

Surely one of Robert Bresson's lesser films.

6. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Women in Cages

Superior Philippines-shot women in prison sleazefest goes through all the usual motions, but working for it is a fast-paced, over the top plot and Pam Grier's inimitable presence as the requisite sadistic matron. Hard to argue its values as good cinema, but great entertainment for cult movie fans.

7. Beefy's rating of the film Women in Cages

Lack of social or production values trumped by salacious nature of material, at least for me.