1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Women Without Men

This movie is a combination of history, women's rights, and magical realism. Men all over the world see no reason to give up positions of power. The way they repress women varies from place to place. You can't blame it on any one religion, because so many of them do it. It has more to do with the cultures that support these repressive organizations.

2. McMurphy's rating of the film Women Without Men

3. janice.hughes's rating of the film Women Without Men

Photographer Shirin Neshat makes her debut film about the intertwining lives of four Iranian women caught in the pivotal moment of Islamic Revolution during the summer of 1953. This was a time when the US and the U.K. Backed a coup d'etat bringing down the new democratically elected Prime Minister.

4. bmelis's rating of the film Women Without Men

5. bieup's rating of the film Women Without Men

i don't get metaphors so i really liked it.

6. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Women Without Men

Having read Shahrnush Parsipur’s one-afternoon novella before filled some plot holes for me, but I must admit that only the mixed media of film+animation could do justice to the book’s often Vianesque flight of fancy. I missed Mahdokht who, like Daphne, became a tree and later traveled the world after fireworking herself to a colossal seed pile. Or Zarin's idle months of crystal pellucidness. And mwell, it’s got that

7. Diaconu Ioana's rating of the film Women Without Men

Once upon a time in Iran...

8. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Women Without Men

When everything you have, is taken away from you...

9. Hayat's rating of the film Women Without Men

I need to re-watch this. First time I watched it I hated it and only liked three scenes and the cinematography.

10. burcakbayram93@gmail.com's rating of the film Women Without Men

11. Charlie Satow's rating of the film Women Without Men

A beautiful, dreamlike film

12. Mati Puss's rating of the film Women Without Men

One of the best contemporary filmmakers.

13. msmichel's rating of the film Women Without Men

Masterpiece. After years of installations and video work Shirin Neshat has made a mature, thought provoking debut picture. Five women of varying pedigree entwined by the events taking place amongst them. A little history, a little magic realism and yes a lot of symbolism but not in a obtuse way. Heartlily reccomended.

14. Saeed Gilani's rating of the film Women Without Men

15. Mete Kır's rating of the film Women Without Men

i've seen this movie at Istanbul Film Festival and it was simply great (: good job!

16. lasenora's rating of the film Women Without Men

17. shabnam's rating of the film Women Without Men

I really want to see this movie

18. Laura's rating of the film Women Without Men

I'm trying to organize a screening of this movie in SF. The distributor is not answering me. I guess I should contact her!

19. AlexanderKR's rating of the film Women Without Men

This is getting an american release on dvd this February it looks like! Neato!

20. Ash's rating of the film Women Without Men

truly a beautiful film to watch, you can tell the director is a visual artist first.

21. Andrea Lazzaroni's rating of the film Women Without Men

22. Andre A. Neves's rating of the film Women Without Men

What a mess. It ends with a mourning for lost revolutions but it seems to only apply to half the population (the XX half). The symbolism is a bit too heavy for my taste (the prostitute being abuse by everyone is clearly Iran and so on).

23. Lars Ole Kristiansen's rating of the film Women Without Men

Very close to five stars, but I did find the last 30 minutes less satsfying than the first, masterful hour. Hopefully it's even better the second time...

24. Max's rating of the film Women Without Men