1. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film World on a Wire

A gorgeous romp, with Fassbinder and Michael Ballhaus in full control of challenging pursuits.

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film World on a Wire

This time around I couldn't stop thinking about how much of a ripoff Westworld is.

3. Samuel T.'s rating of the film World on a Wire

4. Lex Lucas's rating of the film World on a Wire

A visionary masterpiece on visual aesthetic and science fiction themes, all of that made by the hands of Fassbinder with a german Jack Nicholson as the leading character. Oh man the ending zoom out on the ruins of this world without a god anymore, has an absurdly huge value.

5. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film World on a Wire

One of the most challenging and unusual films directed by Fassbinder. About the prevailing cybernetic-technological order in our life and in our societies. The message about the anthropological misery can be associated with the reading of G. Anders' critics and prophetic books in the eco-industrial field.

6. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film World on a Wire

7. Luca Angelini's rating of the film World on a Wire

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film World on a Wire

It took me all day to finish this movie. It never seemed to end, which was fine with me. Bring on the weirdness. It seems like RWF's answer to 'Alphaville' and even has Eddie Constantine in it. Raab was doing his Fritz Haarmann, while Klaus Löwitsch did a very credible action hero. Nothing is as it seems!

9. Robertus Alexander's rating of the film World on a Wire

10. Mert Kaya's rating of the film World on a Wire

11. Aardsy's rating of the film World on a Wire

The original "delete your account."

12. RodrigoPereira's rating of the film World on a Wire

13. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film World on a Wire

14. film_lies101's rating of the film World on a Wire

One of Fassbinder's masterpieces that influenced everything from 'Total Recall' to 'The Matrix'. Fassbinder should have tacked genre films more often.

15. jonijtr's rating of the film World on a Wire

Holy shit this is insane

16. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film World on a Wire

Top Ten countdown – #4 Fassbinder uses long zoom-outs and long panning shots to build a world full of reflecting images and ideas. Layered so that each scene adds on new meaning to the whole; pace slowly revealing the existential crisis at its heart. As much a commentary about our own reality, as well as metacommentary on the worlds created by films (which characters cannot escape) and the filmmaker as puppet master.

17. "O" Luís Miranda's rating of the film World on a Wire

18. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film World on a Wire

World on a Wire is a fascinating effort by RWF, powered by staggering production design and expressionistic acting and camera movements, which albeit seeming awkward at first, fit perfectly within Fred Stiller's 'reality' and all its underdeveloped electromagnetic impulses.Challenging perception and raising questions about our own existence, the film laid the groundwork to all existencial sic-fis in decades to come.

19. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film World on a Wire

20. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film World on a Wire

A trippy sci-fi movie that is truly unique. I took me a while to understand what Fassbinder was doing, but when I realized it, I saw the genius.

21. Colin Earner's rating of the film World on a Wire

Gorgeous compositions, moving camera and colors. Campy sci-fi fun from a master of brechtian melancholy. One of Fassbinder's most challenging.

22. Terry_Moby's rating of the film World on a Wire