1. FISCHER's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

Une bienvenue adaptation d'un roman fort classique... www.cinefiches.com

2. Nancarrow's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

3. redux's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

Move over 'Wuthering Heights', here comes 'The Gipsy Curse', heading to 'The Great Hollywood Ball on the Moors'. Comic relief in the end, when the acting unexpectedly turns to silent era defaults.

4. taniaburrito's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

5. 'king Harold's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

I'm not sure why we should believe Cathy is worth bothering about seeing as she goes for the money and the cad Niven after winding poor old Heathcliff up, sort of undermined it all for me really.

6. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

Laurence Olivier gives it some welly in this fine adaptation of Emily Bronte's classic novel. The is unashamedly classic Hollywood in its execution & design and all the better for it! A superb combination of quality melodrama and expressionistic shadows. It may never threaten as a realist drama, but it certainly captivates the madness of those lonely nights on the moors.

7. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

8. baronvonchuck's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

Thankyou Mubi for introducing me to WW, although this is only half of the Emily Bronte classic, the direction and photography of the film was spot on on what is a difficult novel to film.

9. Superfrog's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

The direction and photography is good, but by its holy appendages, the script annoys me. I assume it follows the original book overdramatisation. Revenge, banishment, impossible loves, death... Too much.

10. st aga's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

I'm torn between whether I prefer "Oh, Heathcliff!" to "Oh, ASHLEY!" as far as grand romances go. A linear flashback, some fine, appropriately theatrical acting and swooping cinematography. Perhaps dated for the filthy minded cynics who'd solve the moral dilemma at the heart of this with a vaguely-concealed affair (me). Still produces a little tear though. "I will let you hold my hand . . . Underneath my fan..." oh!

11. Steve G.'s rating of the film Wuthering Heights

Just listen to the Kate Bush song 25 times in a row.

12. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

I broke my heart with weeping to come back to earth

13. Antonio Petre's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

14. SpacePirate's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

The first thing that comes to mind is just how well the film is shot for a pre-Kane film, and then lo and behold, I go to IMDB and see Gregg Toland. What a master. He, Charles Lang, and James Wong Howe are just in a class by themselves. Oberon is great, Olivier hams it up as per usual. Never been a fan. The film succeeds due to the usual exquisite direction of Wyler and beautiful cinematography. 4.5 stars

15. Lily Parmenter's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

16. Deiner's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

A great adaptation. Gregg Toland's cinematography is certainly a great achievement.

17. Mx Nihil's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

It lacks the deep darkness that suffuses the novel (Laurence Olivier is all too refined, too gentle for this role). The b&w cinematography is still stunning, though.

18. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

best adaptation of the novel. I loved it.

19. anthonymartines@live.com's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

20. Jyoti's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

Really iffy on Cathy's characterization.

21. Burcu's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

"I know that ghosts have wandered on the Earth. Be with me always. Take any form, drive me mad, only do not leave me in this dark alone where I cannot find you. I cannot live without my life! I cannot die without my soul. "

22. Anton Williams's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

23. Gary Wood's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

Why isn't Wyler's Wuthering Heights available on DVD? It's the only really good interpretation of the book; as the kids say, WTF?

24. Pedja's rating of the film Wuthering Heights

Gregg Toland's IMPRESSIVE photography!